Mopar1950

Hey y’all I have a 1950 dodge truck and I found a company that builds a mustang 2 front suspension kit for it for only 1500 $ hub to hub! Very easy fab work and install! I was wanting to sel my flathead six to fun this project as I have a 5.7 hemi and 6 speed out of a challenger I’d like to install! Would any of you be interested in a running l6? New water pump oil pump and fuel pump new head gasket and all new gaskets runs at 40 psi of oil and almost daily driven! Looking to build this into a more reliable truck and would greatly appreciate any help! I’m in Kansas area so if your within the surrounding states I’d be happy to deliver 

1 hour ago, 4mula-dlx said:

I hope your not looking for too much funding to come from the engine sale...might take a dent out of your shipping costs for the kit. Lol

I’m hoping the engine and trans will sell pretty well for someone looking for a running engine that runs like new drop in and go that evening lol 

218s are not really the sought after replacement when guys are looking for a change, most want to upgrade to the 230,251, or 265 engine, but even then a running engine with no recent history of a rebuild is usually only a few hundred...they are a pretty plentiful engine

I'm interested in the name of the company offering a swap  kit for the Mustang suspension.

Is it a complete front end and a direct swap?  Bolt up, or welding required? 

2 minutes ago, Frank's 49 said:

I'm interested in the name of the company offering a swap  kit for the Mustang suspension.

Is it a complete front end and a direct swap?  Bolt up, or welding required? 

http://www.helixsuspension.com/products/ifs-kits/config/?type=specific&model=Mopar+Dodge+Truck&year=47-54

the kit requires minimal fab work and is surprisingly in expensive 

2 hours ago, 4mula-dlx said:

218s are not really the sought after replacement when guys are looking for a change, most want to upgrade to the 230,251, or 265 engine, but even then a running engine with no recent history of a rebuild is usually only a few hundred...they are a pretty plentiful engine

He's got that right... I bought a running (a very nice runner at that) 228 with the 4 spd truck tranny out of a plated pickup for $300 Cdn. and prices tend to be higher up here. I'd have a hard time getting excited about a 218 even being a dyed in the wool junk fanatic.