more engine ID help

homer41

I got some pictures from the guy I am dealing with. Engine # starts with DW. Could it be a marine or industrial application. Does anyone know an engine dealer in Alexandria minnesota or does anyone live there or near there?  Where would an updraft be used?  Dave

s-l500 (18).jpg

s-l500 (17).jpg

That engine is from an earlier Dodge such as a DD.    The updraft carburetor and the bell housing are all typical of the early 30s. So also is the REMY distributor.

The last car with only letters in the engineering code was the DU of 1935.   The  engine pictured shares no parts with the 23 or 25 inchers.

• Like 1

Dpollo is correct, that is a early engine.  Machining can accommodate some parts to swap, but it's not something you want unless you have a pre 1935 car.  It's close in dimensions of a 23", but the port spacing on the intake and exhaust are different. 

I sold a gentleman near me a 230.  He managed to make adapters with his Bridgeport to swap a lot of parts over to get the 230 to work in his 1930 Dodge.  I got to learn a thing or two.  Really good experience.

• Like 1

At some point, I want one of those engines....  It's a novelty thing for me.  I think that they look nice.  I find Hemi's nice looking too....  Perhaps I have a early engine fetish?  LOL