B1B Project / progress thread

John Rogers

20 hours ago, John Rogers said:

Its strange that the trim on mine is made of SS and yours is brass. I would imagine that it was made the Model 36 for several years so they probably just decided to switch at some point for one reason or another. 

I'd be interested to see what happens if you stick a magnet near your trim...

11 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

I'd be interested to see what happens if you stick a magnet near your trim...

I tried that. I wanted to see if there was ferrous metal under the brass, but it didn't stick.

On 11/16/2017 at 1:45 PM, John Rogers said:

Here is what it looks like now. I haven't installed it yet because it was and still is missing one of the 2 large nuts that are needed to mount it. I have one but Im still searching for another one so I can install it. I see that John Sartain has one in his truck too which turned out fantastic.

John

7.jpg

2.jpg

9.jpg

I made a trip to a couple of hardware stores and looked for a nut that would fit but I didnt have any luck. I dont know why it never occurred to be to make a post in the classifieds Wanted section. All I can say is that there are times Im just not too bright. Ugh !!!   Anyway I made a post in the Wanted section. Hopefully someone will see it that has a extra that they might want to part with.

John

Merle responded to a post I made on Facebook and asked what size and thread the nut is so I checked and its 7/8-18 .  I Googled it and low and behold I shouldn't have any trouble finding one. Most times I'm really good about it, however there are times when I make things wayyyyyyyyyyy harder on myself because I get it in my head a piece / fastener might be hard to find or purpose made for the application and this is one of those times. There is a huge Ace Hardware in Tucson on the east side that is incredible. I'm going to try there, they have a massive fastener section and other cool stuff . If I strike out there Im going to go to Copper State Nut and Bolt. They have just about everything one could image but they are a industrial type supplier and sometimes they balk at selling one or two items. Also GM uses a 7/8-18 jam nut on their 1 ton tie rod ends.

John

Edited by John Rogers