My 48 Dodge Interior Pics - & color question

Bryan

Was working on my door lock and decided to take pics.  A few moth holes but all original.  From the door post in 1st pic, does anyone know what the color is?  I have seen posted color charts, but over the computer screen they come out too dark.

IMG_9073.JPG

IMG_9076.JPG

IMG_9077.JPG

IMG_9078.JPG

IMG_9084.JPG

Look at the 3rd pic.  Replacing the horn emblem (already bought). PO left his kid in there back in the 60s.  Must have seen how to use the cigarette lighter.   Would have worn his a..s out.

• Haha 2

Was practicing on one of the damaged dash knobs (the kid with the lighter), since I have ordered 2 knobs already.   320 & 2000 grit sandpaper and wet sanding works well.  The lettering is pretty deep, but I still went a little overboard.  Edit ->  I showed my wife the pictures. She said an engraving place for trophies probably has a machine that engraves letters. Heck you could probably polish all the letters off, have them engrave more, fill the lettering with paint. Anyway, a less damaged knob could be polished and look nice.

IMG_9091.JPG

Defrost Knob.jpg

Edited by Bryan

Was sitting in a barn most of the time. My father bought it, drove in parades mostly. Then he parked it and I bought it. Unfortunately I was overseas (Corps of engineers) between 1984 and 2014. I bought it probably around 2000, but still couldn't do much with it, so it sat in Pop's barn. He died 2013 and I finally retired and came back July 2014. Had the car hauled to my house last month. Needs exhaust, brakes, fuel lines replaced and the engine knocks. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bobostski said:

Just a question. What would you do in the engine bay? How far would you go to clean or restore it? With a car this original I would only replace rubber pieces as needed. I think  a car with new paint and or a nice interior should have engine detailed. 

I'm taking the whole front end off (in case I drop the motor while pulling it). I'll have the inner panels, radiator shroud, etc sand/media blasted and I'll prime and paint them myself.  Will paint the exposed frame also.  All of the parts (air cleaner, starter, etc) painted also.  Might hunt down some metals tags.   Will install new wiring under the hood with replica type. And paint the engine after the overhaul.

Bryan, beautiful interior but I do agree regarding the engine bay, removing the front clip and tidying up & painting the inner panels, radiator shroud, engine parts etc a worthwhile exercise in my opinion, I'd also give the firewall a light cut back and polish by hand using machine compound as its much finer and doing it by hand is not a hard on the surface...........looks like a real nice survivor grade car..............andyd