Jack Storage

fhubler

Its always refreshing to find someone who knows and knows that he knows but won't tell unless you ask.  Someone out there is still around that was working with these cars right out of the box and knows all about the jack.  I remember wondering about the chalk marks on the firewall of a '66 Galaxie I had years ago and an older gentleman who was very quiet spoke up & said, "I worked on the line at that plant... here's what this one means & here's what that one means..." etc.  Its probably the 1st time he ever got that question in his life & he was happy to share what he knew.  And he knew what he knew.

Walt, I love your wife’s grandmother’s saying. She was obviously a very wise woman. Fhubler, I think most of us are willing to share our knowledge with others who ask. We’re not trying to impress anyone with our eloquence. That being said, I’m a proponent of respect, as you both obviously are. I hate disrespect, and my way of dealing with it is to just block those who get hateful. Life’s too short for that. Also, guys, wisdom, and intelligence, aren’t the same as education. I’ve met many highly-educated individuals who were blithering idiots. And, I’ve met individuals who weren’t highly educated, but were people that I wanted to be around to soak up some of their wisdom, and intelligence. Well, fhubler, are we any closer to the resolution of your jack storage question? Let us know how you resolve this. To the both of you—warmest personal regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amen