47p15 Plymouth original 15" steel wheels

Andy Coukos

Most 47 Plymouths had 16 inch wheels.  The 48s had 15s.   There are some differences in Plymouth's wheels as the model years progressed.  Up until 56, most were 15 x 4 1/2.  The centers were flatter in 48, but had a pronounced curve in 49 and less so from 50 to 56.   Setting a rim on the floor and measuring through the center hole will reveal any differences in offset.  Some  have a date and size stamp in the  area near where the outer rim is riveted . Chrysler and Desoto mostly used a 15 by 5 1/2 rim, recognizable by a flatter center.

Dodge , in the USA, has a significantly different offset because of the brake drum configuration.   All these wheels will bolt on, so if it is just a spare you need, you need not be too fussy but care should be taken to have a matched set on the road.

• Like 1

Got to look hard to find a Plymouth drum that hasnt had the locating pin knocked off to accept other brand wheels.

10 hours ago, captden29 said:

if your drums have the locating pin then a new wheel must accommodate that. they are 4 1/2  by 5  bolt pattern,       capt den

Or you can just drill a hole between to lug holes on each wheel.  I had to do that after driving from NC to Georgia to pick up a 55 DeSoto I had bought. Nobody told me the wheels and tires on didn't go with the car,and sure enough,it was sitting up on blocks when  I got there. I went to a junkyard and bought 4 modern Ford wheels with tires on them that held air,and then drilled a hole in each for the locating pin.