front shock over the counter '47'

kendall

Front tire removed and I'm staring at worn bushings on my shocks. Does anyone have an over-counter shock recommendation/part # for a premium substitute over the stock overpriced original? Mounts are factory stock. I'll soon be lowering  my rear by 2"+/- as well. Shorter shock needed? Any recommendations/part #'s would be appreciated. Received my new DB. Auburn tires and wire wheels, hence the attention to my truck's four corners.

I went to NAPA headquarters here in Jax with every  shock listed above without at least 11.375" compressed and 18" extended dims. and all were either coil-over or stud end. Purchased Napa brand 94008 with 1/2" less compressed travel than the shock I was replacing so hoping I don't bottom out. Paint on them was so thin, I repainted them just to prevent further rust! $27.99.Thanks for the help.  I believe Gabriel used to produce the 'Hijacker' 150 pound airshock in the 70's.White finish and beefier than the Monroes of the day. Made my Mustang look damn silly! I knew I had a leak when the rear of the car was supported only by my M50's!

I bought mine at O'Reilly Auto  Parts, Monroe-Matic gas filled shocks , #31000 for the front, #32207 for the rear. Worked just fine for me. There was a line they also carried was from Rare Parts, supposed to be original like replacement. Plain old shock, no frills, but they wanted $327 and $227 respectively front and rear. I just can't see the need to pay that kind of price compared to less than $30 each otherwise.

only folks I know that would pay the rare parts price would be dressed in baggy checked goofy looking golf pants and wearing a go-to-hell hat and pulling an environment controlled enclosed trailer.....a car to be driven and not shown in a museum would be crazy to pay and install at such costs..this would be a number correct chassis placed in dry display with mirrored floor for viewing beneath the car..even then I would say the product is a paint job item and not display the correct part number stamped on the shock tube...no original part number stamping...just another over the counter product.