D6G1 carb. needed

rfcr

Something you might try is to use a machine screw of a smaller diameter and a longer length with a nut and lock washer below. This worked for me on a carb that had one stripped out tap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

helicoil it....and if pouring out the top...it is not the screws being loose as your problem....

Not much casting for a helicoil to bite into.

I tried Mark D's idea and the one hole is to close to the float wall to fit a nut and Fastback50 is the easiest but I don't have 500+ dollars.

Well, anybody want a buy a 1946 4 door??? Back to the drawing board. Thanks guys.

Edited by rfcr

1 minute ago, rfcr said:

I tried Mark D's idea and the one hole is to close to the float wall to fit a nut and Fastback50 is the easiest but I don't have 500+ dollars.

Well anybody want a buy a 1936 4 door??? Back to the drawing board. Thanks guys.

Why not buy one that can be rebuilt off of Ebay?  I bought my rebuild kit from Mike's Carburetor.  Mike's has videos online walking you through a complete re-assembly, and if it's not your exact carb in the video then it is a very similar one.  If something goes wrong or you don't want to do it yourself, you can find a reputable mechanic in your area that will rebuild the used one with the kit you purchased.  Most performance shops will have at least one guy that still knows carbs, and these carbs are basic, relatively speaking.  

15 hours ago, Mark D said:

Not much casting for a helicoil to bite into.

I will give you that..but what says you have to go to a helicoil for the same screw...go undersize on the screw and that helicoil should be a "bolt in"...the screws are not there for to keep fuel in the bowl, but to keep the guts located (float lock) and debris from entering the works...a carburetor with a good float and needle and seat will run all day long with the top of the carb removed...not suggested for acceleration and road speed cruise mind ya...a visual tweak and observe test only

Holy crap, I was going over the carb and whilecontacting the linkage to the internal pump and the damn pin retainer took off flying and bounced off a plastic container then I THINK hit the ground. Can not find it so I'm going to take a long break from all this.

Niel, your offer still hold? Let me know. Thanks Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...