Speedo cable ends

thrashfit

As with my other questions, I purchased this truck in bits so I now need a speedo cable. 1954 C-1-B6 , fluid drive , 3 on the tree , 116". I will be getting the cable made here in the UK but has anyone got pictures of the cable ends to fit into the gearbox and the speedo head so it will be easier to get them made . I will try and attach pictures of gearbox drive and speedo head fitting, Many thanks, Dave.....Uk

IMG_20171023_102259369.jpg

IMG_20171023_100217964.jpg

I bought a new cable with housing to fit my B4B (with Fluid Drive) off ebay, and it was not that expensive.  Fit great.  Here's an example https://www.ebay.com/itm/53-54-55-56-DODGE-C-SERIES-TRUCK-SPEEDOMETER-CABLE/360671142008?epid=1157765729&hash=item53f9ace078:m:mOmF9z9ykqNbARiLC5nqT1Q&vxp=mtr

Edited by Bobacuda

5 hours ago, thrashfit said:

Hi again desotodav. Being cheeky , do you have the length of the cable please. I will measure mine but it would be nice to compare lengths. Cheers. Dave. 

Size does matter hey!

My trucks all have 3-speed column shift... so it might be best to confirm the actual speedo cable length with someone who has a fluid drive fitted.

The length of my cables depends on how you talk: 54 inches, or 4 foot and 6 and 1/4 inches, or  1375 millimeters (from and to outside edge of end fittings).

I have 3 cables out of the trucks at present as I have been messing around with a speedo correction fittings to correct my speedo from a diff change from 4.1 ratio to 3.54.

Speedo cable1.jpg

speedo cable2.jpg

Speedo cable3.jpg

speedo correction fitting.jpg

Thanks again desotodav,  I will try and get this sorted soon. One thing bothering me is your last picture......I have not got anything like that, just the output thread. Should there be something connected to that ? I can't see inside to see if there is a square drive. Sorry to be a pain, Dave

The part far left in the 3rd. picture looks to be a setup to correct the speedo for mph/kph for changes made to tire size etc.that is added between the tranny and the speedo output to the  cable. Originally the cable and nut connected directly to the 2nd. part in the same picture.

They have a set of internal gears to step up or step down the output ratios, used to be very commonly available. Still are -but somewhat expensive. A web search on such shows a few.

Not sure if that is any part of the question/answer, just something I noticed.

DJ

Edited by DJ194950
spelling