Cab to chassis gap

thrashfit

Having purchased my truck in pieces and now assembling it I would like to know the gap between the cab and the chassis. I have purchased 8 new rubber mountings and sat cab onto the small rubbers but the cab floor is just touching the bell housing for the gearbox, its has fluid drive fitted. I believe shim washers can be fitted to raise the cab but is there a standard height so all the other panels are in line and the doors dont rub the running boards etc. I have read that instead of using a rubber mount on the drivers front I use a hard plastic one so the gear linkage does'nt bounce about, gear linkage on the steering column, 3 on the tree. Many thanks, Dave........UK. Truck is a 1954  C-1-B6,  218L,  3 speed, 116".

As well as that, how thick are the rubber pads that the crossmembers for the rear bed sit on ? Cheers

Edited by thrashfit

Any ideas on this measurement please........ I dont want to bolt the cab down and then find the doors rub on the running boards or the front and rear wing bolt holes don't line up... Any info most welcome, Dave

Mine is not sitting on there level and needs new mounts. I have added washers to the passenger side which was sagging. So I cannot really say what the correct height is. However, I did not originally see any shims between the mounts I did fool with.

Many thanks 59bisquik, I have set my cab to clear two fingers as I have new cab mounts, I hope your fingers aren't too much bigger than mine or this could go wrong...Lol. Cheers, Dave.............precise engineering at its best...

• Haha 3