Rear valance/stone deflector

40desoto

Does anyone know if a 1940 plymouth coupe stone deflector fits a 1940 desoto coupe stone deflector?

Many items on these two cars have the same dimensions and Im assuming the stone deflector might be the same dimensions between both cars.

I suspect it does  or could be easily modified to fit.   The feature of the Plymouth is the series of ribs in the middle.

I would have to surmise that you are referring to the flat metal shield that goes between the bumper and the body.

It has been my experience that the '39 through '41 DCPD bodies are very similar, therefore, I woul think they would fit.. As to how correct they might be is another question.

I have  a rear gravel for my 39 Desoto. The 39 Dodge, Chrysler and desoto also used the same gravel guard but the plymouth had a different one.

according t my 36-42 Desoto master parts book:

S7 desoto 1940  there are two different parts numbers based on the number of the body that was used.

857053   or 858787

S8 1941 used part number 866664

if someone has the parts book for the plymouth they might beable to look up to see if the parts interchange

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

Here is you real answer to your riddle:

According to my MoPar streamliner catalog. The Desoto 1940 rear valance stone deflector is part number in 857053  and 858787.

the 1940 plymouth is mopar nunmber  856933  and this is also for 1941  So your answer is NO for an interchange

1937-38 all four cars used the same valance.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for your input.   A few years ago I did buy a 1941 Desoto sedan  rear valance and it was too wide for my 40 Desoto coupe.

im keeping an eye on a 1940 Plymouth rear balance but it doesn’t have the grooves in the middle.  All smooth