New Wiring Harness Routing

Labrauer

Ok people I am trying to install a new wiring harness in my 48 Plymouth Coupe and have come to the part for the tail lights and stop light routing. My question is which route I should take in getting the wires back to the trunk. I know the old wires run through a sort of channel over the door but I am not quite sure the procedure. I really don't want to pull the headliner down unless it is an absolutely half to. Is there any other route I can take and still be in a safe mode.  If I have to take the headliner down how hard is it to put back into it's original state and what tools are needed.:confused:

Who ever did the signal light add on to my business coupe ran the wires under the front mat along the inside of the rocker and into the trunk then up to the underside of the parcel shelf to meet up with the trunk wiring where the original wires came out from the headliner.  There should be stock butt connecters there where the brake feeds and running lite wires split.

you can easily clip, solder and reroute the wires that pass though the overhead and run them to the rear under the carpet if so installed or rubber mat, just as long as they are out of sight and can be protected from chaffing...the wire to the dome light will be an issue but can be readdressed also and if wiring the door post switch can be done from below.......I chose not to install my overhead light even after I went to the trouble of addressing the wiring and mounting the light box and such in place...I opted for the dual map/courtesy lights built into the rear view mirror mounted in place of the stock mirror on the divider bar as a cleaner more driver/passenger friendly.  Being a business coupe with high back buckets the rear light would really not be very effective except for the console in the center and well, with the all the remote stereo input taps in the console on a input panel..light would be blocked when needed as it was.

Plymouth Adams Thanks for the reply. I have talked to a couple other people and one has said the same thing and one told me he ran the wires in the frame out-of-sight and they work fine. Deciding which way is best for me to do without taking down the headliner is best all though some have said doing the headliner is not all that bad a job either. Both ways sounds good to me if I don't have to deal with the dreaded headliner.:unsure: