Pay Pal question

pflaming

if you selling merchandise that is honestly described to the buyer whereas he will/should not be surprised upon receipt, Paypal should work for both parties.  Only other thing is the seller/receiver of money will pay the fee and should mark his prices accordingly to share with the system.  I do not recall when the last time I sent funds other than Paypal or pay cash in person for transactions closer to home.  

• Like 1

I've used PayPal probably at least 100 times and never had a problem. This would include buying as well as selling in the days when I sold lots on Ebay.Item description, as mentioned above, is very important for both seller and buyer. I still buy quite a bit online and use PayPal almost exclusively as that is what sellers want. This has been my experience but no guarantee of a safe transaction.

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 1

Never ever had a bad experience with Paypal, that includes transactions involving thousands of dollars. For extra protection you can use your credit card thru Paypal as your payment method and you get double protection. I`ve been using them since 2000 and never had any problem whatsoever.

Edited by linus6948

TKS for the positive responses.

I need to down size the mess in my shop and extra parts are part of that exercise. For example I now have two extra running engines, one was given to me, the other I paid $400 for and an overdrive transmission, so one of them was free. It's just amazing how many parts accumulate, especially when one buys a couple parts cars for  couple hundred dollars. 

1 minute ago, pflaming said:

TKS for the positive responses.

I need to down size the mess in my shop and extra parts are part of that exercise. For example I now have two extra running engines, one was given to me, the other I paid $400 for and an overdrive transmission, so one of them was free. It's just amazing how many parts accumulate, especially when one buys a couple parts cars for  couple hundred dollars. 

so are you passing this stuff on free .....:D......

No, because you only get what you pay for, yet compared to the prices I see on E Bay will sell at reasonable prices.  Out of curiosity I just took a quick look into my electrical parts cabinet and found the items in this photo.  So from memory I just made this list it's mind boggling what accumulates. 

IMG_1571.JPG

IMG_1572.JPG

Edited by pflaming
Added pictures

On 10/26/2017 at 6:36 AM, pflaming said:

No, because you only get what you pay for, yet compared to the prices I see on E Bay will sell at reasonable prices.  Out of curiosity I just took a quick look into my electrical parts cabinet and found the items in this photo.  So from memory I just made this list it's mind boggling what accumulates. 

IMG_1571.JPG

IMG_1572.JPG

Item #2 on your list says ext and int manifolds complete. I'm looking for an exh manifold to use as a pattern to make a set of headers. Is one for sale or available as a loaner. What I need is the mounting flange shape. 

Thanks 

Dave. 

On 10/29/2017 at 5:20 PM, Flatie46 said:

Wouldn't a gasket work for that?

No the center gasket has 5 holes and doesn't give the shape for the mounting flange. 4 are exhaust and the center for intake. Amazing how hard it is to find one and when you do they want 400 bucks for one.

On 10/30/2017 at 1:48 PM, pflaming said:

I'm not selling any extra parts, I have a cabinet of duplicates and some triplicates so I am not cutting myself short. Yet, thanks for the reminder. 

I could have six of each for my car and still not be happy..........probably have 20 dizzys, same of carbs, 4 complete sets of exterior trim......4 motors and trans. The list is long...my wife says they are my shoes and purses...lol! You know the scene in Angel and a Badman where The Duke is restless and thrashing before they take the bullet out? The farmer puts his empty pistol in his hand and he calms down......thats me after I find another part I "think" I need. You ought to have seen me during my windshield wiper arm binge.....lol. Now I gotta go, I see a complete set of tail lite/brake lite glass for sale.....I'm down to 3 sets.