Dodge Special Deluxe

walterblack@mweb.co.za

·         Hi Guys Im new to the Forum and to restoring classic cars

I recently acquired a Dodge Special Deluxe 2 door Coupe right hand drive as im based in South Africa.

Trying to get papers for the vehicle and was able to find the engine number of D PDI48780 C

Don’t know what motor this is besides the obvious that it’s a flathead 6.

however I can’t find chassis or body numbers as it looks as if both plates in engine bay where removed.

Is there any other location on the cars body or chassis where I can find these Numbers.

odd numbering but not that up on export models....the engine number if original to the car will be duplicated on the frame at the tip up over the rear axle drivers side....if your body numbers are missing there is not to my knowledge another place it is stamped on the vehicle.  You may have to get an assigned body number by your DMV to affix in place.  Good luck with your documentation. 

Should be a serial number plate attached to one of the A Pilar's near where the doors hinge.  Enginehead length is an indicator of its origin.  Pictures would also indicate if it is a DodgeDodge body or aPlymouth with Dodge trim as many exports were the special deluxe is Plymouth nomenclature as US Dodges used custom and deluxe. 

Quick spotters guide, Dodge front fenders flair back into the front doors, Plymouth fenders merge with the cowel.

Edited by greg g
  • Like 1

thanks Guys for the replies 

i believe the vehicle is more plymouth then dodge as the fenders dont flair into the door ill take a few pictures and post it 

Greg G the car looks like your profile pic just tan and brown

Edited by walterblack@mweb.co.za
missing info