12V Bosch Ignition coil specs for resistance

Geekay

Can anyone tell me the specs for 12v ignition coil on my Dodge 251 1953 6 cyl. B108.

Testing has given me the following from my Mulit Meter:

Primary coil (MM set at 200 ohm) 4.3

Seconday coil (MM set at 20K ohm) 7.5

My workshop manual does not say.

Current one is a Bosch.

DSC_0002.JPG

how accurate is your meter..have you tested it against a standard of any sort....

next thing is this, do you have a resistor in the run circuit?  If not that would explain the higher primary but should be closer to 3.4 ohms if the coil is internal resistor style. 

need a bit more information on your ignition system to answer...as it is a Bosch, there should also be a part/model number on it....if so, easy to find the specs for that coil online.  As you car in the profile stated 53 model it will originally be 6 volt and therefore no 12 volt data will be available

Thanks Plymouthy.

I tested the resistance in the circuit of the MM..= 0.5, so deducted that already i.e. reading was 4.8 less 0.5 = 4.3.

I thought the readings were high so that is why I am asking. Perhaps I should take it to an auto electrician with better equipment.

I will take the coil off and see if I can find a number.

Try setting your MM to the lowest ohm setting.