53 bed wood install help

Chiefrocka

Hey guys...

Looking for some help to get the bed back together.

I picked up the strips and bolt kit with pads from MarK...and some cheap planks from Lowes.

I only have two crossmembers out of the four (?) I'm supposed to have, so I'll have to makeat those.

Does anyone else have a diagram, or a link to help me figure this out ??

Thanks !!

• Like 1

first off return the Mar-K crap and get the right stuff from Midwest Military :P (my personal crusade to get us Dodge guys to use Dodge parts, not Ford/Chevy).

otherwise check my bed build thread in my sig line to see if that helps.

10 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

first off return the Mar-K crap and get the right stuff from Midwest Military :P (my personal crusade to get us Dodge guys to use Dodge parts, not Ford/Chevy).

otherwise check my bed build thread in my sig line to see if that helps.

I thought the MarK stampings of the strips and bed side angle pieces were really good .... 

At least for the 39-47 trucks the big difference is in the holes. My truck should alternate a round hole for a wood screw and then a square one for a carriage bolt. The strips I used from Mar-K were all square holes so I used all bolts. Only issue with that were the 2-3 near the gas tank. I did already buy Mar-K strips again for the next truck too so I'll be doing it all over again....

On 10/22/2017 at 4:09 PM, Chiefrocka said:

I thought the MarK stampings of the strips and bed side angle pieces were really good .... 

as Merle said, they are good, but not correct.

21 hours ago, jpwuertz said:

Horkeys has the bed parts for Dodge.  I got mine there and are very good and I am sure that they are the same as the original Dodge parts.      http://www.horkeyswoodandparts.com/

While Horkey and Mar-K both have good parts they are NOT the same as the originals.  I can't stress that enough.  The bed strip profiles are WAY different.

I did not realize that the bed strips from Horkeys was not of the original Dodge design.  I did not have any originals on my truck to compare to when I bought mine.  They did fit perfectly and look good however.

TruckBox1.JPG

Edited by jpwuertz
Add photo
  • Like 1