Does the club still exist

Yes, there is a car forum and a truck forum. Create your account right here and the answers for just about any question, part, procedure can be found. Spend some time famialirizing the forum structure to suit your car or truck, and you’ll find members are very knowledgeable and responsive to questions. Enjoy!!  Jim in Texas

• 1 month later...

DPETCA is separate from the forum site. The club itself is in hibernation and may never actually be active again. Read more about the status here:

The Forum...The Club...or "DPETCA" explained

48D

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

A Newbie to the forum here. Starting my 1950 B series truck build. It will be a pro touring/ Daily Driver that will be set up on a cut down 1991 Dodge 1/2 ton extended Cab frame. The chassis being 1991 will give me relatively modern running gear powered by a 318 / automatic.  Found my truck body on Craigslist.

I have found the specs on the pilothouse truck and it said that the factory wheelbase was either 108 or 116 inches.  Some idiot cut the side bed panels prior to me getting the truck body and measuring from the centerline of the rear fender opening to the back of the factory side bed panel it measures out to be 53 inches. Correct me if I am wrong But I thought I had read where they built a few rare 8 1/2 foot beds for this truck line? ( Help me out fellas)  Anyway I am not putting the saw-z-all to nothing before having the correct information. Yes I know most of these trucks were a short bed.  In the process of trying to get a wheelbase measurement I am laying everything out on concrete. After setting the cab down on blocks, pushing the front end up to the cab and getting the 1/8 gap, laying the running board down and positioning it to where it bolts to the back of the fender (Factory Battery box lines up in cab opening) and butting the rear fender up to the back of the running board I come up with 124 -3/4 inch wheelbase............... I know this sounds crazy ......but again based off measurement from the center line of the rear fender opening to back of the bed (where the tailgate would make contact with bed when in the up position --Back stake pocket) I come up with my 124-3/4  wheelbase measurement. Please chime in Thanks Texas Red