Mad Max, Fury Road...

Plymouthy Adams

Given the choice and the ability to travel back in time....of the two movies, I would not have walked out on Dune in the first 10 minutes compared to horrible example of this film....nothing in the film worth watching..I gave it 20 minutes...insult to anyone's intelligence for sure...horrible computer generated scenes...

I didn't care for Fury Road.  Now the original MAD MAX, ( the very first one ]  I liked it for the vehicles and a few scenes. MAD MAX, The Road Warrior was my favorite of them all. and one of my favorite movies.  Beyond the Thunderdome, eh...wasn't much.

Is there anyone out there that wouldn't want a 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT  equipped with a blower?  I've read they're very expensive due to the movie fame.

I also enjoyed the Mad Max movies in the beginning...Thunderdome....total waste of 35 mm film....I like the movie Waterworld also...but Fury Road...too much Pirates of the Caribbean mixed into it...this is why I do not go to theaters anymore....cost too much and I would be subject to walk out early...way early...

I love the theater experience if it's a good movie.  They don't make many flicks I truly enjoy anymore. I don't even watch much TV. The wife and I catch a couple shows together here and there. I understand the cost VS the chance your pissing it away cause it sucks halfway thru. I've been very disappointed in a lot of movies, often I ride it out hoping it will get better before walking out.  The last real disappointment I saw was Fury with Brad Pitt. I love WW2 history and movies, heard it was suppose to be really good. I thought it sucked. I wanted to see Stalingrad but hadn't made it to see it. They don't make any good "car movies" these days. I watched California Kid on the net recently, hadn't ever seen it, loved it.

• 5 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, johnsartain said:

Not car related but I got a kick out of "Joe's Apartment". There's just something about a love story and singing cockroaches.

yeah...saw that.....trapped in a relative's home, was raining, his young kids wanted to see this....another 80 minutes of my life shot to hang