Cracked block now what.

Not everything can be repaired, but there could be a chance yours could be.

Here is a video on lock and stitch repair, take a min and watch it, see if you could do the repair yourself.

Also look at the website lock and stitch for more info.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your project.

I would like to suggest you add your location to profile. First thing I did was look to see where you are, I may have a good block that a bearing went bad and it is seized up, I am sure it would need crank replaced ... maybe   your crank would work.

either way I am probably to far away for the block to do you any good.

You can put in just about anything you want for a replacement, will require work and labor. I have not done it, but seems like almost everyone needs to fight with the steering box. Once you get past that issue, you have all the room you want. Now you need to change transmission, rear end probably brakes it just turns into a bigger project then originally planned.

Nothing wrong with this, but it does cost money for all the changes, same money would go a long ways to putting the flathead 6 back in it with a few upgrades.

You can have your your block repaired ... but might be a little costly.

I recently just finished this max Wedge up...cracked both sides front to rear.. had to save all the factory casting details and numbers.

I stitched pinned it (Lock-N- Stitched it).

62 Dodge Dart 413 MaxWedge.JPG

413 MAX WEDGE Finish Up crack Repair (6).JPG

Max Wedge Pin Job Final painting.JPG

JC 413 Max Wedge Pinning Block (42).JPG

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Like 4

Woops got the wrong page.   By the way, Extremely impressive stich job. Charlie Stephenson

3 hours ago, 1942DodgeTruck said:

I have a 1942 Dodge truck I am working on. I sent the block to the machine shop and they found a crack. I am wondering what engine swaps people have done. I am currently liking for another block but might end up swapping engines.

What is your zip code ? Charlie Stephenson

I have one for sale just in Minneapolis. One running (Have video) and one parts motor.

One out of a 52 and the running one is a 53

25" head

$350.00 for both

Edited by Batterzazu

13 hours ago, 1942DodgeTruck said:

I have a 1942 Dodge truck I am working on. I sent the block to the machine shop and they found a crack. I am wondering what engine swaps people have done. I am currently liking for another block but might end up swapping engines.

The obvious questions are......

where is the crack?

How wide is the crack?

How long is the crack?

20 hours ago, Batterzazu said:

I have one for sale just in Minneapolis. One running (Have video) and one parts motor.

One out of a 52 and the running one is a 53

25" head

$350.00 for both

let's keep talk of sales and costs to either PM or the the "for sale" section of the forum.  

Thanks!