Just What I Needed !

T120

A reminder as I will be celebrating my 75th birthday this year, a letter in the mail from the Alberta  Government that I will need a medical to retain my driver's license here in Alberta...:huh:

Edited by T120

In Illinois we to have a complete retest at 75 and every 4 years after.  i m wondering if going through the CDL test again at that age is worth the trouble .  Parallel  parking a 40 foot school bus was a thrill the first time.  Not to mention the yearly CDL Medical exam

Edited by plymouthcranbrook
  • Like 1

Other than being retired, my lifestyle and interests haven't changed much over the years and I seldom think of my age - nice to know the government is keeping track for me.;) 

just renewed my license yesterday...8 year term...this time I had to submit documentation...it cycles every so many years for this requirement.....I do wear glasses but more out of habit and eye protection but I do need them for close up work and reading.  I was worried about the eye test and restrictions...read all three lines but only need to read top one... was ready to pay the lady and she reminded me that veterans were FREE...I also get one free license plate each year..

at 65 everyone insurance company and their brother sends you Medicare propaganda.....e-gads how do they get this info..I am sure sugar sells your name and of course every medical facility you ever visited has your entire history and life info out there for anyone to get..most fraud is from the medical papers not getting shredded/protected/encrypted....got my military retirement ID renewed this morning....ok..soap box open for next man...

Tim, I have my appointment with the Doc booked for next week.We'll see how the eye test goes. I've found inexpensive safety glasses are available with a minor correction for close-up work and I use those. I don't wear glasses for driving yet, that may change and would require getting used to.... I wear a helmet and shield when driving my motorcycle, as required here in Alberta

Tim, In response to your comment about shared info, I'm by no means paranoid - but  considering some of the phishing emails we get and  also the telemarketer phone calls....It does kinda make a person wonder about shared info and are the vultures circling , wondering - are they senile yet?:lol: 

Edited by T120

2 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

.most fraud is from the medical papers not getting shredded/protected/encrypted.... 

That is probably true.  I use the postage paid envelopes that usually are included with the offer to send all the stuff back with a big NO written with black marker.  

Sometimes, I switch the info into other unrelated envelopes and send it back.  Maybe they will learn to stop sending me stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have not seen a post paid envelope for a spell.....I kept getting junk mail from a certain big company..I called them even and asked to be removed from their mailing list...still got junk...next one t hat came it postage paid...I wrapped two blocks up, put the envelope on it and sent it to them with my name and address on the inside....29 years or so later and I have NEVER heard from them again....actually did this twice but one got a box of gravel...

2 hours ago, T120 said:

Tim, I have my appointment with the Doc booked for next week.We'll see how the eye test goes. I've found inexpensive safety glasses are available with a minor correction for close-up work and I use those. I don't wear glasses for driving yet, that may change and would require getting used to.... I wear a helmet and shield when driving my motorcycle, as required here in Alberta

Glasses are a leaned item..glasses are a genuine safety item even for routine wear about the house.  I grab my face shield and such when in the shop with grinder/wire brush and when working under a car...last couple things that got in my eye was AFTER and fell out of my hair before I could get in the shower...bike riding....yes on the helmet and face shield...retired my motorcycles a few years back..still have my endorsement on the license though.  Beautiful fall temps such as we have right now...perfect convertible and motorcycle evening cruise temps.  

Good luck at the eye doctor....

• Like 1

After having my cataracts removed a couple of years ago I found my self having to buy my first set of safety glasses ever.  Always just wore the regular glasses and now not needing them I got tired really quick of getting eyefuls of grit  while under the cars.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook

9 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

After having my cataracts removed a couple of years ago I found my self having to buy my first set of safety glasses ever.  Always just wore the regular glasses and now not needing them I got tired really quick of getting eyefuls of grit  while under the cars.

I wear corrective lenses, sometimes contacts, sometimes glasses. I have safety glasses with corrective lenses paid for by the company I work for. I recently bumped added bifocals to the prescription. Man, it really helped. It Also helped out under the car. Lol