1951 Suburban

Steve C

Question: Did the Plymouth Suburban ever come with a stock 4 cylinder motor? I have looked on this forum and done a Google search re: Suburbans and 4 cylinders, no hits on the search.  I am looking at one (1951), the ad says it's a 4 cylinder, just want to check with the experts here.

Thanks!

SteveC

I was at a car show a while back when a fella came up with his friend and took a look at the 218 flathead under the hood of my 52 truck... and then remarked to his friend "it's got a diesel in it". Some people really have no idea about our old MOPARs !!!

5 hours ago, Steve C said:

Question: Did the Plymouth Suburban ever come with a stock 4 cylinder motor? I have looked on this forum and done a Google search re: Suburbans and 4 cylinders, no hits on the search.  I am looking at one (1951), the ad says it's a 4 cylinder, just want to check with the experts here.

Thanks!

SteveC

No,but that doesn't mean someone didn't put a 4cyl in it. I have a cousin that put a 4cyl diesel in a 51 Plymouth once. He had the Plymouth and he had the diesel,so he put them together and went riding.

Call or email the seller and ask him.

I had one come into my shop which had but 4 cylinders.  Did not run so well with 2 dead holes.