Jack

Jackie Manning

I will throw out that by your profile you are in Olympia, Washington and I have no idea the going shop rate for any large or small enterprise.  Hopefully someone here is close to you and can chime in with an approximate cost.  The signal light kits are not that expensive nor hard to install yourself.  You will need to rewire your sockets for dual element bulbs and index the aftermarket pigtail properly for the Mopar sockets.  The kits comes with easy to follow instruction and there are plenty of site on the internet to walk you though should you hit a snag...or come back here with a question.  I would think the cost to install at a shop would be a bit of coin....but then I am just spit balling....You can find the kits on E-bay or through a variety of hot rod suppliers.  I would suggest you give it a whirl before farming it out..but I also don't know your skills/time/limitations such as tools and place to work.  

• Like 1

Jackie,

I’ve seen these units for as low as $25, and that’s approximately what I paid for the one I installed. I’ve seen them near $50, too, but don’t know if they have anything to offer over the lower-priced version. Ours has been working flawlessly for many years, now.

As to final cost—if you do it yourself, to the cost of the unit, add the cost of any wire/sockets/connectors/fuses/etc that you may require to complete this installation. Even with that, I can’t imagine the cost going north of $100 (if you purchased a more expensive unit).

However, if you have it done at an automotive shop, the cost will rise quickly, since most of them that I’ve encountered work on unique projects such as this on a time/material basis. If this is the path you select, be sure to get a detailed estimate before you commit to having this done at the shop in question.

Couple other things to keep in mind. You car came from the factory with a single center mounted brake light assembly.  The two outer lamps contain only running lamps.  There are ways to retro fit stop and signals to the outer lamps.  Not a bad idea the way people drive today.  The choice you make in how you want to light up your car will dictate the type of switch you need.  The simplest way is to add dual filiment pigtails to front and rear outer lamps.  This will give you signals front and rear with the simplest switch you can buy, your center brake light will be unaffected, but the outer lamps will not function as brake lamps as well.  You can also change the rear outers to function as brake lights  powered by the center one and mount auxiliary lights to function as signals.  Suggest you take a look at the. Tailightking website.  You can source switches there as well as looking at the installation directions and wiring diagrams.. They may also offer some tech support for help in deciding which way to go.

http://www.taillightking.com