Dim headlights

cerick305

• 1 month later...

As stated earlier on my 42 Dodge coupe I was only getting 4.5 volts to the headlight socket without the engine running so the new halogen bulbs were dimmer than the conventional ones.  I then installed a relay and cleaned all connections and got a reading of 5.8 volts at the socket.  Yay !!!!   Brighter lights now !!!!

1 relay 1.jpg

20 hours ago, Reg Evans said:

As stated earlier on my 42 Dodge coupe I was only getting 4.5 volts to the headlight socket without the engine running so the new halogen bulbs were dimmer than the conventional ones.  I then installed a relay and cleaned all connections and got a reading of 5.8 volts at the socket.  Yay !!!!   Brighter lights now !!!!

1 relay 1.jpg

What's the part number and where did you buy it? I'd like to do the same. Thanks

I bought 3 different kinds for my cars.  I just made sure they had instructions. Found them on eBay by searching 6 VOLT HEADLIGHT RELAY.  I did my 33 Plymouth, 39 Chrysler, and 42 dodge.  

ebay #'s  311988207118,162737275380, and 401422563935 

Edited by Reg Evans