Electric Fuel Tank Locking Cap parts wanted

Thomba48

Hi and Hello :-)

I have an almost complete set of the above. Not the actual MOPAR one, but it looks and feels the same. And certainly does the same. So that is fine with me.
However, and that I unfortunately didn't know at the time of purchase, the pack is missing the mounting screws (not a massive issue) and the mounting lugs (a real issue). Especially the latter one are essential and I have not yet found an alternative solution.

Hence my question:
Does anyone happen to have a spare set of screws but most importantly lugs available that I could purchase?
Obviously there is no need for these parts to be "new".

thanks

PS. For reference purposes I have attached a picture. What I do need are those "4" items just underneath the tank display next to the gasket

s-l1000.jpg

Edited by Thomba48

I got lucky Thomba and just purchased a locking cap from the for sale section here last week.  $25.  I'm pretty sure you can get those made by someone.  I know I could do it so that means just about anyone could.

Edited by casper50

I have one on my 49 Chrysler that I paid $100 for. It was worth every penny to see the looks on peoples faces when I press the button and it pops open, They can't believe it is a factory accessory. I put the hot wire to the switch on the drivers door that turns  the dome  lights on because it is hot all the time. This way I don't have to turn on the car to show  it off.

I think you will just have to make the lugs but you will enjoy the gas cap.

Electric locking gas caps and other brands certainly are not hard to find complete. $125.00 NOS

A lot of them were made.

8 minutes ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

Electric locking gas caps and other brands certainly are not hard to find complete. $125.00 NOS

A lot of them were made.

Just out of interest: Fast n Loud? How real is it and how much staging does take place? :-)

3 hours ago, bobostski said:

I have one on my 49 Chrysler that I paid $100 for. It was worth every penny to see the looks on peoples faces when I press the button and it pops open, They can't believe it is a factory accessory. I put the hot wire to the switch on the drivers door that turns  the dome  lights on because it is hot all the time. This way I don't have to turn on the car to show  it off.

I think you will just have to make the lugs but you will enjoy the gas cap.

"Just out of interest: Fast n Loud? How real is it and how much staging does take place? :-)"

I  saw the car on the internet and since I live close , I went there to look at it. I worked with Tony ,the sales manager and made a deal. This was Monday.  He told me to come back Friday for the filming. I had to pretend it was the first time I saw the car. Richard said to have fun, we would go back and forth and when they think they have enough film, he would quot the price I paid and I should make the deal. It was fun being on it and it is all totally set up. I drove my 55 there hoping they would use it in the show. At first the producer said no but then came back saying they never had someone drive in an old car to buy an old car. Some time the story's are true but they will change it to make it more interesting. When I was on it in the 4th season , Tony told me they had only filmed one deal as it happened all the rest were after.  There is very little reality in reality TV.