Parts search and research

Conn47D24

My trip to the Hersey swap meet last week was fruitful.  I found a good amount of  NOS tune up parts much cheaper than Ebay.

Most vendors there don't have their parts well organized ( to say the least).  Digging through dusty boxes of Auto-lite, Mopar, Echlin , Filko, etc   I have a keen appreciation for the various Auto parts catalogues

I purchased ( cheap ) on CD from our fellow member here Rich Hartung / desoto1939.  Having the correct part numbers with me was great. I've had several  occasions on Ebay as well were a seller had no idea what application a part was for but it was in my catalogue.

Some have photos and cross reference to other models.  Very good stuff.

If you are shopping and rebuilding, give Rich a call.

I'm working on my 48 Dodge COE.  I'm pretty much done with the mechanical changes which includes a 1977 Dodge M500 motorhome chassis and installation of a 1996 Cummins 5.9 diesel engine.  I am now starting on the body , it's in very nice condition overall.  The biggest problem on the body is the hood which is going to have some metal fabrication on the lower edges; the grill bars (stainless) are coming out beautifully ---but, does anyone know a source for the metal clips which attach the stainless bars to the grill?  It appears 14 are needed.  I have only one which is badly corroded, they are attached to the lower edge by spot-welds which I have drilled out, thereby removing the rusted ends from the bars.  There is a small extension on the lower edge and it has a small hole drilled in the lip - I have no idea what this extension/hole is for.  Any help appreciated.  Jim 360-372-2874

posting a picture of the clip would help. You might contact restoration supply in Winber PA. They carry alot of the clips and their catalog has pictures of each clip so if you can post then we might beable to point you inthe right direction.

rich Hartung