New 1950 dodge Truck to me

Go to solution Solved by Plymouthy Adams,

22 hours ago, Los_Control said:

There is a little round eye on the bottom of the toe board straight back in line with linkage

That little round eye is a cotter pin that goes through the floor panel, just in case you can't find it. It may be missing. With the floor covering removed look at the panel for the ends of a spread cotter pin or a hole aligned with the throttle linkage rod and replace if necessary.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:22 AM, 5027 steve said:

Read this all didn't see anything about a plate in the cab so I assume there never was one ... thanks

Keep asking questions Steve as many of us here enjoy the challenge ?.

A few of the trucks I have owned here in Oz have had a piece of rubber screwed to the floor (inside of the cab) where the gas tank filler neck comes through, but this was not a factory fitting. There was a small foam piece which sat on top of the gas tank between the tank and the outside floor section. It can be seen on top of the tank in the manual diagram attached. Brian (JBNEAL) pointed you in the right direction... he even made a template for that piece called 'seal 14-86-60' (see attached photo).

Gas tank filler pad.JPG

Gas tank pic.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnsartain said:

That little round eye is a cotter pin that goes through the floor panel, just in case you can't find it. It may be missing. With the floor covering removed look at the panel for the ends of a spread cotter pin or a hole aligned with the throttle linkage rod and replace if necessary.

Thanks

Just a thought, I have seen some books showing 2 return springs, one going over to the inner fender with the other going to the toe board.

I think but not positive, a second spring is for safety. If you lose a spring, the carb goes to wide open throttle. Dangerous driving situation and possible to damage the motor before you get it shut down.

Since I have my toe boards removed for work, I connected spring to inner fender and later will also connect the toe board spring. Some probablly think 2 springs looks goofy ... I dunno

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 6:28 AM, 5027 steve said:

Thinking of installing a passenger side mirror for safety but man that door pin looks crazy stuck and don't want to start to remove it and end up screwing up the hinge.....Any suggestions out there ...thanks 

Modify a C clamp and a few pins and blocks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5027 steve said:

Interesting... trying to picture what your saying....Thanks

Basically make a spacer that allows the pin to rise up into a hole.  put the c clamp over that all and clamp down...it will push the pin up...if that doesn't go high enough,  a furniture bolt added to the bottom and push the pin up when higher.