New 1950 dodge Truck to me

Go to solution Solved by Plymouthy Adams,

Pretty sure its a stand for an electric of vacuum fan to help the defroster.  The ball is the pivot mount that the fan motor would pivot on.  My '36 plymouth has one.

Look under the cab by the foot board (lay on your back). You'll see the bolt holding the cab if its still there. If the previous owner did something different, I'd have to believe it would still be in the same location. The bushings for the cab are on either side of the mounting perch, which is connected to the frame. The cab needs to be elevated to remove the bushings, so if you are going to do this, you might be putting some work into that modified floorboard.

48D   

10 minutes ago, 48Dodger said:

Look under the cab by the foot board (lay on your back). You'll see the bolt holding the cab if its still there. If the previous owner did something different, I'd have to believe it would still be in the same location. The bushings for the cab are on either side of the mounting perch, which is connected to the frame. The cab needs to be elevated to remove the bushings, so if you are going to do this, you might be putting some work into that modified floorboard.

48D   

Thanks for the info

12 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

Check the classifieds top of the page here, or PM me and I'll see what I have.

48D

So I'm to assume no one makes a aftermarket parking brake cable???? That's confusing cause I can literally find every nut and bolt on this Truck???? Thanks .....some of this gets kind of confusing....

11 hours ago, 5027 steve said:

So I'm to assume no one makes a aftermarket parking brake cable???? That's confusing cause I can literally find every nut and bolt on this Truck???? Thanks .....some of this gets kind of confusing....

no, I don't know of anyone makeing aftermarket parking cable,

I was looking into parking brake cables for a friend here in Oz recently. The inner cable seems to fray with age. I pulled 4 of them from my trucks and found that 3 of them needed the inner cables replaced.

I found a fella at a brake and clutch shop down the road who has the machine required to crimp the ends onto the inner cable. He said that they plastic coat the inner cable when they make them as that prevents the inner cable from getting caught up inside the outer case. They charge $55 for the new inner cable (if the outer case of the park brake cable is ok).

It would not be cost effective for you to send your cable here to Oz, but it may be worthwhile checking with a brake and clutch shop in your area as they may well be able to do the job.

There are a few part numbers for park brake cables for the different sized trucks... but the most common part number (which is for the 1/2 ton truck) is A1272599.

Park brake cables.JPG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Desotodav said:

I was looking into parking brake cables for a friend here in Oz recently. The inner cable seems to fray with age. I pulled 4 of them from my trucks and found that 3 of them needed the inner cables replaced.

I found a fella at a brake and clutch shop down the road who has the machine required to crimp the ends onto the inner cable. He said that they plastic coat the inner cable when they make them as that prevents the inner cable from getting caught up inside the outer case. They charge $55 for the new inner cable (if the outer case of the park brake cable is ok).

It would not be cost effective for you to send your cable here to Oz, but it may be worthwhile checking with a brake and clutch shop in your area as they may well be able to do the job.

There are a few part numbers for park brake cables for the different sized trucks... but the most common part number (which is for the 1/2 ton truck) is A1272599.

Park brake cables.JPG

Wow thank you very much good info....

Ok last night playing with the drivers door....I think I have the locking Figuired out but then again maybe not...LOL....do u have to lock the drivers door from the outside handle????? It locks when I lifer the outside handle but doesn't lock using the inside handle .....Once again THANKS !!!!!!