What year/model did I buy?

Blue

Hey gang, I just joined this forum. I am excited to take part. I have been looking for an old truck for years and never found the right one, until now. I have purchased what is listed as a 1950 D100. My understanding is: the D100 did not come along until later. Does anyone have a book showing the VIN 86008516? If so, would you please post the make/model. If it helps to ID the truck, below is the listing. Thanks again. I look forward to getting to know some of you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950-Dodge-Other-Pickups/182797733210?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Edited by BlueberryDodge
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 4mula-dlx said:

Looks like a nice truck and yes it must be 3/4 or 1 ton with the 6 bolt patten.  I see all the interior has been removed, but you can get all the parts for that from Roberts Motor Parts online.  

Thanks for the reply. I am going to ask a green question. What looks to be missing inside? Thanks for the parts store info. It appears the greatest challenge to these trucks is finding parts.

Serial Number 86008516
Year 1950
Make Dodge
Model B-2-D
Engine 230 Flathead Six
Wheelbase 116, 126
Rating 1 Ton
Engineering Code T176
Plant San Leandro, California
Build Number 16

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to peruse the Ebay photos. I impetously clicked the photo, wich brought up the ability to scroll through them all.

Curious about that seat upholstery, I'd like to do that to my '50 B2B, but don't know if that would ruin my survivor jenosequa? Was that style available or is it custom?

with no photo, your survivor may or may not be correct, original or fairly reproduced.  I see the concern to keep it as such per your thoughts as they are unique and pleasing to you....it seems however in the above reply, you also have some uncertainty that what you have is ultimately what you would like in the end run....you need only to evaluate what you would like....

On 10/28/2017 at 10:46 AM, FlashBuddy said:

I was able to peruse the Ebay photos. I impetously clicked the photo, wich brought up the ability to scroll through them all.

Curious about that seat upholstery, I'd like to do that to my '50 B2B, but don't know if that would ruin my survivor jenosequa? Was that style available or is it custom?

It is a custom job. Extremely well done. The seat does not look stock, but it really dresses the interior up (and sits well).

Nice looking truck. The front bumper and parking brake are correct for 1950, so the model is a B-2-something, originally probably a B-2-C-116 judging by the overall size (definitely not a D100 as you already know). Looks like you are missing the inside metal trim around the windshield (3 pieces). You're missing the throttle cable (should be the right-most knob just to the right of the choke knob) and your glove compartment pull. You probably already know, but that plate in the dash to the left of the steering wheel is the radio delete. Missing options (that most trucks had) are a driver's side sun visor and a heater. The exhaust has been rerouted - it should stick out on the passenger's side in the back. Looks like someone "upgraded" both axles, but it looks good with the wider stance. It's a longbed (bed is 7.5 feet?)- looks like the wheelbase is 116". If the wheelbase is 126 then it is likely a B-2-D-126.

Is that data from johnsartrain's post correct? Send a picture of your data plate (on the driver's side door post if it's still there).