Seat Belts installed?

Iowaboy

I have a B2B. Getting close to driving it. I've been thinking about seat belts. Yes or no, and lap or shoulder belts also. What have the members done? Are there donors in the salvage yards that fit without too many mods? 

Jeff is right...do reinforce your B-post if you go 3 point...make sure your floor pan is up to the task by being firm and solid...displace these anchors also.  DO NOT tie to the frame...a body does not pass through sheet metal easily...A trip to a local wrecking yard with a tape measure should find more than a number of suitable donors.  Many throw out the fact that these are used...IF you keep your car any length of time, guess what, you wearing used belts.  I still trust the ones in my 80's vehicles.  Good candidate at a yard will be from a recent tow in, doors and windows staying closed...while the belt may look good, it is the retracting locking mechanism that should not have suffered exposure...this you will want to inspect prior to removal and reuse.  Happy hunting...another point on belts on E-bay...beware....maybe one or two out of 100 listing will be approved by the DOT....based on that alone is why I will consider a good set for retrofit from a donor vehicle.  

The way I see it is, these truck did not have any belts when they were new.  Nor did they have any sort of "crumple zone".  When/if you hit something, it was with a solid whack, the truck stopped, and the driver just bounced off the steering wheel.  So, if you add any sort of belts, even cheap ones, it is better than nothing.  

Either that or wear a chest protector, football pads,  and helmet?  

Mike

• Like 1