quick clutch help!

kridgleyud

I'm moving over the trans from my original '40 flattie to the new rebuilt motor prepping before laying her into her new home.  Just replaced the pilot bearing on the rebuilt motor and was looking at the pressure plate that came with the rebuilt ... mocked up the TO bearing and it looks like it's too small when compared to my original.

Also looks like the new one comes from a truck ... but I don't think that matters, correct me if I'm wrong.  I added some pics that compare how the TO bearing lines up with the fingers.  It looks almost like there is a larger TO available?  Or do the fingers adjust in?  If they do ... can this be done without a special shop/miller tool?

1st pic ... original pressure plate and bearing

2nd pic ... rebuilt pressure plate

3rd pic ... rebuilt on left, original on left

I've got my original disc out to TN clutch and supply for resurfacing ... If need be, I can send out my original pressure plate/cover too.

hopefully I'm just missing something obvious.

20171004_222036.jpg

20171004_222104.jpg

20171004_222227.jpg

That rebuilt pressure plate surface looks horrible if it even was rebuilt. The fingers on the B-series trucks are 4 finger as I remember. That rebuilt pressure plate looks like the fingers are too far apart.

Your original plate is 9-1/4" ?

I'd have your original rebuilt and never look back.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

10" is the optional H-Duty clutch... gotta like that!

Tenn. clutch was great for me several years ago (2-3?) !!

Sent original clutch pressure plate, disc, throw-out bearing and pilot bushing to the for (parts) repair.

Less than a week later got call for credit card # for payment which was less that $100 slightly. Received parts in short order (6 days?) rebuilt. Clutch parts ,throw-out bearing, pilot bushing And an a plastic clutch alignment tool!!

Great service! ++++

DJ

• Thanks 1