Clacking at 2500 RPM

BIGBAND39

Sunday driving home from my brother's wedding, I went to check my oil and realized I was about a quart low. I threw in some STP w30 and went on my way. Shortly after, I noticed some performance issues and some very noticeable clacking upon deceleration.  When holding the throttle steady at what seems to be about 2500 rpm , I get the noise consistently. The noise seems to be coming from my valve train.  It's much more noticeable from inside the car.

When I went to further investigate the issue, I reached my hand in to rev the engine up at the carb and, while being nowhere near the ends of my wires, I got a serious jolt. Has anyone experienced any clacking noises with wires that were at the end of their useful life? Also, has anyone had the same noise with different brands of oil? I do not remember the oil that I put into the car when it was last changed but I do know it was also w30.  Thanks everyone as always for any information you can offer!

Edited by BIGBAND39