Experience using original MC w/front disc brakes

Fastback50

Hi guys, 

I'm close to finishing the installation of my Scarebird front disc kit, and while was thinking of trying to use the original MC (if possible) while I save for one of these three setups:

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Under-Dash-Brake-Pedal-Assembly-Single-Diaphragm,45466.html

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Universal-Brake-Pedal-7-Inch-Power-Booster-1-Inch-Master-Cylinder-Unit,74286.html

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Universal-Stainless-Sleeved-Brake-Pedal-Assembly,68688.html

As for using the original MC, I know there is an internal MC that may need to be removed for it to work, but I'm not sure if that's necessary or not.

The tough decision on the updated MC is mounting style, ease of installation, and whether power booster is worth it.  I would really like to get the car as close to modern braking abilities based on the way some folks with modern cars drive these days.  Anybody use one of these set-ups on a similar model with the angled firewall?  Any input is appreciated.  Thanks.  

There are many viables on this. For me it was safety. The dual cylinder MC splits the responsibilities so if one fails you nay still have a chance. Like others I put a  98 Cherokee behind. The OE MC and I like the results. 

IMG_6941.JPG

IMG_6946.JPG

2 hours ago, casper50 said:

I'm going to use my original until I find a reason that I shouldn't.  Mine is together but I don't have it on the road yet.  Still waiting on my new tires to arrive.

Have you removed the internal residual or are you just going to use it as is and see how it goes?  I’ll be interested in seeing how it works out.

4 hours ago, pflaming said:

There are many viables on this. For me it was safety. The dual cylinder MC splits the responsibilities so if one fails you nay still have a chance. Like others I put a  98 Cherokee behind. The OE MC and I like the results. 

IMG_6941.JPG

IMG_6946.JPG

Great—I’ll add this setup to my list of possible improved setups.  I’m with you on the safety piece, but may limp by with the original mc for a bit.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, casper50 said:

I removed the internal valve.  Nice and firm but haven't tried it with the car moving yet.

Does the mc have to be removed to take that valve out?  I’ve heard it can be a trick to get the mc out...

Can you get to the reservoir by taking the seat cushion out? 

I have bucket seats so that access is fine. Had I known I could have used a different Cherokee unit which has a lower profile. I could change, but not just yet.