Hershey swap meet this week 10/4 to 10/7

desoto1939

The famous grand daady of all swap meets Hershey starts on Wednesday 10/4 and the car show is on saturday 10/7.

I will have two vendor spots on the ORAnge fIELD ROW oad SITE 7 & 8. sTOP BY IF YOU ARE THERE AND SAY HELLO AND TAKE A REST.

THE WEATHER REPORT IS GOOD AND THE TEMP WILL GO UPTO AROUND 85 THIS WEEK. WEAR GOOD WALKING SHOES BECASUE THE ENTIRE SITE IS ON BLACKTOP.

HOPE EVERYONE HAVE SOME LUCK IN FINDING THE PARTS THEY AR ELOOKING FOR.

RICH HARTUNG

CELL 484-431-8157 

shame  I ddint log on sooner  was there on  wensday,  most of the day, got 2 key  blanks for my  40 dodge trunk and he cut them there on the spot 6 bucks each,,,,then  got a lock  cylinder new with keys for  the compartment door  behind the seat into the trunk,,n ow t osee if  every  thing else is there to make it work

Was there all day Friday.  Amazing how much stuff is there and the quality of the cars. Last time I was there was 2001. I like how everything is on a paved surface now. Unfortunately I think it's my last visit to Hershey. Too long of a drive for me-12+ hrs and too many tolls to pay. I paid more in tolls than in gas! The other unfortunately is there's no local show or swap meet that can compare.................The weather was outstanding and my wife and I enjoyed Fri evening in downtown Carlisle. So it was a good time anyway.......................

• Like 1

I came from Wisconsin and paid tolls for the majority of the roads I traveled through Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Pa. Pa was more than 35 bucks one way. I anticipated this problem and purchased an IPass in Illinois the day b4 I left. I registered it and thought all was cool until I came to the 1st toll. It wouldn't accept the IPass. After calling the co that issues the transponders, I found out that because I was from out of state I had to wait 48 hrs before using it. Total nonsense! I thought 15 bucks to get in wasn't bad at all especially when there's no real admission fee...............To anyone fr Pa, does an IPass/EZ pass reduce the price of the tolls in your state like it does in others?

55 minutes ago, 40plyguy said:

I came from Wisconsin and paid tolls for the majority of the roads I traveled through Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Pa. Pa was more than 35 bucks one way. I anticipated this problem and purchased an IPass in Illinois the day b4 I left. I registered it and thought all was cool until I came to the 1st toll. It wouldn't accept the IPass. After calling the co that issues the transponders, I found out that because I was from out of state I had to wait 48 hrs before using it. Total nonsense! I thought 15 bucks to get in wasn't bad at all especially when there's no real admission fee...............To anyone fr Pa, does an IPass/EZ pass reduce the price of the tolls in your state like it does in others?

yes the tools are reduced via the use of the ez-pass.  i have had one for 10+ years.  Several years ago Ohio did not recognise the PA ezpass.  The best buck in town becasue you do not have to wait inline and have extra cash on hand for tolls.  But I hope you had a great time at Hershey it relly is a super huge event.

I have been going for 30+ years.

Rich Hartung