someone call the paint police

Plymouthy Adams

I actually washed 5 vehicles between Wednesday and early Thursday morning.  Turns out the 61 Lancer is blue...imagine that....:lol:  I may, repeat, may, go to the cruise-in tomorrow night....depending mainly on getting the rest of the house underpinning up to grade in the morning.  Never a dull moment.  

1 hour ago, wayfarer said:

...house underpinning?        Are you sitting over a sink hole?

the underpinning is the material used to enclose the crawlspace of an elevated home (non slab build)  mine was in need of attention as it was not in my opinion originally installed properly.  So some changes have been made including moving my existing access door and creating a second access door on the other side of the house while I was at it.  

Sink hole?  not to my knowledge but can anyone anywhere really say they may not be??????

Last armadillo sighted has been some time back...bit the big one about 2:30 AM via .357 defensive hand loaded ammo....even if I missed I think he would have suffered 2nd degree burns...or at minimum retina burn out...

3 hours ago, greg g said:

Lancer???  When did you pick that up???  GT?  Aluminum?

I guess it has been almost a year since I bought the puppy.  Being a 61 it is not a GT  that was the moniker given to the same body I have in 1962..in 61 the two door hardtop was simply called a sport coupe.  Pretty basic little car for a 770 top of line trim, it does however sport power steering of all things.  Cast iron 170 /6.  So far all I have done is clean the points, worked the carb a bit, fixed a door latch, repaired the steering wheel center cover, welded the fuel tank and replaced the rear spring with a set from a 68 Dodge Dart...sits nice now.  I have my electronic ignition ready to go on but not yet have done the deed....current distributor has a bad vacuum advance and not worth messing with with the intent to go electronic.  I found a parts car afterwards and grabbed it for chump change and it is a 62 GT  Hubcaps and trim rings are in the trunk..provide an excellent finishing touch.

IMG_1756.JPG

IMG_1757.JPG

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I always liked those better than the same year Valiant, Valiant seemed fussier. I drove one when I worked the Dodge Dealership to run for parts and do DMV runs.  Must have been a 62 as it was a GT with three speed floor shift and a 2 bbl intake 225 /6.

I loved the early Valiant rear deck lid with the faux continental look...however, I just was never fond of the Valiant rear lights nor the front grille of the Valiant...remember...it started life as a complete new car line for Chrysler but ended up under the Plymouth umbrella.  In my opinion, the Dodge ALWAYS had the better styling cues....though it was two years before thy got the A body....don't get me wrong, the Plymouths are nice..but if a choice is given..will go with the Dodge styling....

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

That's an example of a car that was a good buy when new.  Good for many, many miles after the payment book was gone.  Cheap upkeep and no problems the model was known for.

My insurance man was thinning his heard a few years ago, offered me a '62 Lancer at a good deal.  I considered buying it but I already had too many,  I passed. Needed one floor patch , carpet  and a headliner. Would have been a great daily driveable classic.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

the underpinning is the material used to enclose the crawlspace of an elevated home (non slab build)  mine was in need of attention as it was not in my opinion originally installed properly.  So some changes have been made including moving my existing access door and creating a second access door on the other side of the house while I was at it.  

Sink hole?  not to my knowledge but can anyone anywhere really say they may not be??????

Last armadillo sighted has been some time back...bit the big one about 2:30 AM via .357 defensive hand loaded ammo....even if I missed I think he would have suffered 2nd degree burns...or at minimum retina burn out...

Terminology does vary greatly across these fruited plains...We call 'that' stuff skirting, and in engineer speak, underpinning would be drilled caissons filled with concrete and rebar used to support a structure....

.357 at 0230 hrs?  Yeah, if someone/thing interrupted my sleep at that time it could happen...