The Lowered Stance Picture and Build Thread

55 Fargo

OOPs...........was 195/75x15 and 235/75x15........apologies for wrong info........btw I have never seen a 40's mopar that came stock without the 1/4 vents, interesting to learn this..........thanks, andyd

and if the owner is lucky, it will get stolen from him..at least the skirts.......keep that insurance in effect.....absolutely no street appeal to me at all...but then....that is just me....I see these cars at shows and swap meets...while for show they must fulfill some dream/niche...watch the guys trying to drive them..shoulders hunched and their neck crooked into their chest with their eyes rolled halfway into the back of their head just to try to see between the steering wheel and dash....they remind me of the proverbial desert vulture....

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:48 PM, Don Coatney said:

The car is sitting in my shop next to my D-24. If you want to buy it and chop it make me an offer.

001_6.jpg

Don..you just gotta get out of circle racing...it is showing its effects on the Dodge.....now if Roger Rabbit was standing beside it, the 'toon' car would be complete...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

53 minutes ago, 48hoopty said:

I've already got the car. I smack my head damn near every time I get in or out of the thing now. I chop the top on it probably get whacked in the face.

I'm just gonna lower it. Go from there.

Screenshot_20170819-121850.jpg

is all that stainless powder coated or is it painted??? i love that look. i've been considering blacking out all my chrome and stainless except for my caps and trim rings.

4 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

and if the owner is lucky, it will get stolen from him..at least the skirts.......keep that insurance in effect.....absolutely no street appeal to me at all...but then....that is just me....I see these cars at shows and swap meets...while for show they must fulfill some dream/niche...watch the guys trying to drive them..shoulders hunched and their neck crooked into their chest with their eyes rolled halfway into the back of their head just to try to see between the steering wheel and dash....they remind me of the proverbial desert vulture....

One of those to each his own things.  Personally, I dig it but I build custom cars and motorcycles so I can appreciate the work. Not a big fan of skirts but the owner must like them. Would be a boring world if everybody drove the same car.  I don't think anybody is lucky to have their car stolen.........

Edited by allbizz49
  • Like 2

Love the  car custom culture that I'm sure it's been around since the 40's. To some extend you got to respect those that dare take these risks and making It an art that's inspiring to many.

I understand that customizing a car takes away from many conveniences but at times it's gives it a kool factor that in opinion it's well worth it.  Here's one of my favorite.

IMG_9081.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, belvedere666 said:

is all that stainless powder coated or is it painted??? i love that look. i've been considering blacking out all my chrome and stainless except for my caps and trim rings.

It's paint..if I get tired of it I can strip it and spend forever polishing stainless. So far I've lost 2 caps. A third decided to depart at 50mph or so. The last one I think is going to be a Christmas tree ornament. Went to So cal speed shop to see what I could get get in the way of hubcaps and got a set of moon discs..for now.

20170923_140722.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, allbizz49 said:

One of those to each his own things.  Personally, I dig it but I build custom cars and motorcycles so I can appreciate the work. Not a big fan of skirts but the owner must like them. Would be a boring world if everybody drove the same car.  I don't think anybody is lucky to have their car stolen.........

I agree...bad humor in the stolen car comment....but those skirts just  look lacking in many ways....I am sure if they were dressed a bit better the car would take on a different look and look less broken...

Maybe I'm getting to be an old hotrodder but I agree with Plymouthy , those skirts are not a good fit..........lol...........plus whilst i don't mind a lowered car nor a chopped top the blue coupe has too much of a chop and sits too low...........yeh, my opinion.............lol............original Customs from the 40's & 50's generally were not layin' frame nor had more that 3-4" chops.............andyd 

On 9/30/2017 at 7:10 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

Thanx for sharing your opinion on this........LOL

The wheels are stock 17” wheels from a 2004 Magnum base model . Ive had the car for a while. Recently finished up a 318/904 swap (with butches cool stuff kit) 340 intake, stock 340 cam,  600 Edlebrock carb, Skip White HEI Distributor, Dual exhaust,  9" ford rear end from 79 F100 .(drilled axles and drums to correct pattern ) Widened rear fenders  1.5" to compensate for new rear axle,  Scarebird disc brakes w 75 mustang II m/c, American shifter floor shift kit , bucket seats....I think that's it for now but more to come..... . The first pic is with the stock 48 springs 2nd is with the stock 49 springs and the 3rd is the 49 springs and 2.5"block

IMG_3519.JPG

IMG_3522.JPG

IMG_3540.JPG

Edited by K_Jordan

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:22 PM, moose said:

Three inch blocks and 1-1/2 coils out of the front.  This picture was taken in the early 90's. In the last couple of years its been bottoming out a lot, so I just ordered new front springs for it.  I'm gonna try the east coast tail dragger for a little while, then maybe go to dropped uprights.  Keeping my options open.

image.png.95076c27ceda4e76458dc958257de1ea.png

I got the springs this morning, and got right to work.  Pulled the old ones and compared to the new.  Looked right.  Has the right number of coils if you add the 1-1/2 that I cut off 25 years ago.  Got them from Eaton Spring, ordered Stock height for an unmodified p25.  But now it looks like a gasser, and it has no movement of the suspension!  What did I do wrong?

IMG_20171003_112637.jpg

Since the original post stated lowered cars and trucks, I thought I would add my truck. The question comes up on how to lower them quite a bit.

Up front, Nostalgia Sid dropped the front axle 3". Also new front springs with the second from the bottom leaf removed.

Out back, new 7 leaf springs from McVeigh spring. Starting at second from the bottom, removed every other leaf and left a total of four. Also used the Willy's shackles instead of the Dodge for a bit more drop. 

20728145_1468559263201852_6546974153343414971_n.jpg

Edited by 59bisquik
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, scotty t said:

Dropped uprights relocated spring pocket on lower a arm, posies drop springs and blocks, oh and about a million pounds of Chrysler hemi

IMG_3781.JPG

Thats nice. What size rim and tires are you running?  Does the front tires clear the fenders when turning?  

• Like 1

Scotty..........thats low........like the Hemi Idea.......I've had a poor mans hemi, a poly in my 1940 Dodge since 1973........andyd

• 1 year later...