The Lowered Stance Picture and Build Thread

55 Fargo

Hi all, starting this thread for those who have lowered or who like lowered Mopar cars and trucks.

So feel free to post pics, and/or how you have lowered your vehicles can be from "mild to wild".

I will post some pics on this topic too.

I have not lowered my Fargo but plan to as well, how low will she go, I do not know...

One coil cut with 2" blocks on the rear, 6x15 and 7x15 Wheel Vintique Chrome Smoothies with 195/65x15 and 235/65x15 Coker Classic Radials, standard wheel backspace cleared front and rear inner/outer and improved steering and general driveability..........andyd

IMG_1549.JPG

IMG_1355.JPG

IMG_1363.JPG

• Like 7

Love it when someone takes something that most people wouldn't think of as a hot rod or custom and pulls it off. That's what I love about this hobby. Great execution of your thoughts. Well done Hansen 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JOHN EDGE said:

Eaton springs front and rear. Fatman dropped uprights. Relocated frt shock

image.jpeg

John, I knew south Texas had one hell of a rain event recently. But now San Antonio is in Florida ??? WOW !!! Nice Plymouth.

• Like 2

Thanks mike36. Few years back was driving to Denver and passing thru north Texas  I stopped for breakfast in Memphis Texas. Neat little town. Locals didn't believe I was from San Antonio fla(famous for its annual rattlesnake roundup) till I showed them my drivers license

Air bagged camp trailer??

That must be a new idea?

Good or bad.

DJ

5 minutes ago, belvedere666 said:

I've seen those nuts before ..

That car would suit a chop and tail dragger stance.

Its already got the rocker side trim shaved.

Maybe someone could photoshop it. 

Edited by 55 Fargo Spitfire

Glad you asked. When I did my build several years ago I installed a dodge charger differential. In the process of doing so I installed a pair of lowering blocks. These blocks served a two fold purpose. They corrected the leaf spring pin pilot hole size and they effectively lowered the car 1/4" on both sides. I really like the new stance. And to correct the uninformed, the wheels are chrome but not chrome reverse.

27.jpg

25.jpg

MVC-001F-2.jpg

And for those of interest here is a photo shop of my car in full dress race form.

DonsNewRodDevWom.jpg

3-1-1-1065332278.jpg

• Like 2

Three inch blocks and 1-1/2 coils out of the front.  This picture was taken in the early 90's. In the last couple of years its been bottoming out a lot, so I just ordered new front springs for it.  I'm gonna try the east coast tail dragger for a little while, then maybe go to dropped uprights.  Keeping my options open.

image.png.95076c27ceda4e76458dc958257de1ea.png

• Like 2

Has any one looked at the possibility of repositioning the bottom spring pocket from the top of the A arm to the bottom.  Looks like it would effect around a 2 inch drop without having to cut coils.  It appears to be riveted on, it would probably need to have the area where the bump stops are trimmed to fit.  But looks like it could be bolted or welded to the bottom lip of the A arm.

• Like 1

That's what I've done. I used ford Aerostar coils and moved the spring pocket to the bottom of the lower A-arm. Chevy 10 bolt rear axle with 3" lowering blocks out back. I like how it looks but you have to be careful (as with most lowered cars) around railroad tracks, potholes, speed bumps etc. I believe I showed how I lowered it on my build thread. I'm thinking Andydodge  has the tire size figured out way better than me though.  

IMG_20160727_170025307.jpg

Edited by 40plyrod
  • Like 1

Looks good..........don't remind me how nice the 41 Coupe looked..........lol..............however I always like to look at 2 door sedans as we never got them also, have you changed the door window to be one piece without the 1/4 vent?......if so looks neat.......I have thought about doing it to the 'ol brown turd as the VW(all I could find that was a close fit back in the 1970's) 1/4 vent rubbers are looking their age now........lol..........btw the tyres were 195/75x15 and 235/75x15 Coker Classisc radials............andyd     

Edited by Andydodge