Where do you get the little springs?

MarcDeSoto

For my 48 DeSoto restoration, is there a place where you can buy small springs like the Brake Pedal Return Spring, the Accelerator Spring, Hand brake spring, and any other smaller springs needed for these Mopars?  Seems like if they still make brake parts like master cylinders and wheel cylinders, they should still make brake pedal return springs.  Or do you just have to go to a hardwood store and buy generic springs and hope they will work? 

5 hours ago, MarcDeSoto said:

For my 48 DeSoto restoration, is there a place where you can buy small springs like the Brake Pedal Return Spring, the Accelerator Spring, Hand brake spring, and any other smaller springs needed for these Mopars?  Seems like if they still make brake parts like master cylinders and wheel cylinders, they should still make brake pedal return springs.  Or do you just have to go to a hardwood store and buy generic springs and hope they will work? 

I used these "bend it yourself" 

handbrake return 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAKE-CLUTCH-PEDAL-RETURN-SPRING-17-1-2-LONG-3-1-2-COIL-LENGTH-/401344461117?hash=item5d71fe793d:g:~~MAAOSwLs5XJ7Yx&vxp=mtr

and this for clutch and brake return

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAKE-CLUTCH-PEDAL-RETURN-SPRING-17-1-2-LONG-1-7-8-COIL-LENGTH-/401114958737?hash=item5d64508b91:g:q00AAOSw2x1XJ7Yq&vxp=mtr

Thanks for that info.  Luckily I'm not missing all of my springs.  I found my handbrake spring and the big heavy clutch pedal spring is still on the car.  But these might work for the brake pedal return spring and maybe the accelerator spring.  Or maybe that should be a weaker spring. 

18 hours ago, MarcDeSoto said:

Thanks for that info.  Luckily I'm not missing all of my springs.  I found my handbrake spring and the big heavy clutch pedal spring is still on the car.  But these might work for the brake pedal return spring and maybe the accelerator spring.  Or maybe that should be a weaker spring. 

I think clutch spring is too hard for accel.  I don't understand how you want to swap springs around, aren't you going to use them?

I don't understand how you want to swap springs around, aren't you going to use them?

I think you misunderstood my statement.  I never said I wanted to swap springs around!  When I said "these springs" might work for the brake pedal return spring, I was referring to your tip of the springs on Ebay.  Not my clutch and handbrake springs. 

2 minutes ago, MarcDeSoto said:

I think you misunderstood my statement.  I never said I wanted to swap springs around!  When I said "these springs" might work for the brake pedal return spring, I was referring to your tip of the springs on Ebay.  Not my clutch and handbrake springs. 

Ok now I understand ::lol:

On 9/24/2017 at 12:01 AM, MarcDeSoto said:

Our local NAPA has a shadow board of springs. You match yours up and they pull it from the box. I guess these are general generic springs.

I bought 2 parts cars cheap. Between mine and the other 2 I've been lucky and it has really paid off big time to rob what I want from them at my leisure. Saved enough to pay for both cars. I know this is not an option to some people but has worked for me.