Like the idea of this club...

P15-D24

I'm a believer keeping them stock, but first getting them in top mechanical condition so they are safe on the road. I'm looking forward to input from other club members.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I think the site will good Im doing the same finding parts is a problem mines a 1949 b1b Ive got a bad tranny been trying to find a source for parts also trying find a replacement I thought mine was almost done When the oil pressure  droped and tranny started acting up? 

• 4 months later...

I like to see these old beasts close to factory original, but I've seen vintage pictures of trucks being used as workhorses and I can appreciate certain modifications made to optimize performance.  So if a truck has mods that are period correct, such as dual carbs or even a 2bbl carb + a dual exhaust kit, I can live with that...

I can also appreciate how important it is from a safety standpoint to keep these old trucks reliable and not causing accidents from stalling.  I have stalled out from a blown condenser at the end of my driveway, which was durn lucky...years later, I stalled at a controlled highway intersection and things got dicey for a few minutes until I could get back underway because I did not have bright emergency flashers to get other drivers' attention.  So improvements like electronic ignition and brighter signal lights with additional turn signals / flashers can be subtle enough to get a pass from me as they are intended for safety and not showing off.

And with the advent of solid-state electronics, the factory radio option can be updated with IC board to replace the tubes, etc and even add an mp3 port...the look of the original radio with modern features that can be hidden from view :cool:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Terms of Use