50 B2b, Seat back access?

Iowaboy

I just started working on my 50  Dodge B2B, i looked under the front seat and it is loaded with tools, jacks, log chains, tire chains etc. This belonged to my father in law; he bought it new. He drove around in the Mountains west of Rifle, Co and needed to be ready to get himself unstuck if necessary. Thus all the tools and survival gear.

I can't get access to behind the seat, is there a way to fold it or remove it, without taking out the entire seat frame including the bottom frame?

You have to take the bottom cushion off by lifting it out of the tabs and remove the whole cushion. Then lift the back cushion straight up. Should be two tabs that the back cushion basically “hangs on” the back frame. Then you can take all that stuff out through the frame. 

Only other comment is the two hooks that hang over the top of the seat frame at top of back rest had a screw in each hook(not sure if previous owner did that or if they came that way), so mine needed those screws removed, then it lifted right off like the guys mentioned.

21 hours ago, Iowaboy said:

I just started working on my 50  Dodge B2B, i looked under the front seat and it is loaded with tools, jacks, log chains, tire chains etc. This belonged to my father in law; he bought it new. He drove around in the Mountains west of Rifle, Co and needed to be ready to get himself unstuck if necessary. Thus all the tools and survival gear.

I can't get access to behind the seat, is there a way to fold it or remove it, without taking out the entire seat frame including the bottom frame?

The back rest should push up a few inches, pull back on top edge of seat. The back rest has 2 sets of brackets that slide and clip on the seat frame. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2017 at 9:23 AM, jmooner3 said:

Only other comment is the two hooks that hang over the top of the seat frame at top of back rest had a screw in each hook(not sure if previous owner did that or if they came that way), so mine needed those screws removed, then it lifted right off like the guys mentioned.

How did you get access to those screws? I've tried mightily lifting vertically with no joy :) I can pull the bottom part of the back cushion forward off the retention clips but don't have enough room to get my big fat head behind there to see what's going on.  

Not clear what the hangup might be, I was able to slide the whole seat frame forward( bottom and back as a unit), then the seat back was held onto the frame with four hooks. the bottom two just hooked over and friction fit, the top two had each a self tapping screw into the hook that is welded onto the seat back...they were in plain sight once the seat pulled forward. I pulled those two screws and the seat back lifted right off. Got any pics of your setup? There's some pretty smart fellas that have seen it all with these trucks...