My 46 plymouth project

Trey1897

Hello everyone, heres my current 46 project, it has a 350 sb making right about 322 hp, has a kramer Cam with silver light pistons, has an msd ignition, rear end is out of a 68 camaro, steering coloum and spindles are also out of a 68 camaro, has a ford truck dash but eventually I'd like to find an original, drum brakes all around. Im currently doing the body work on the car it had alot of bondo, trying to get it as straight as i can before I bondo anything else, already laid down some primer but still needs alot of work, hopefully going to have her painted by next spring.

20170731_174518-1.jpg

Screenshot_2017-09-22-17-28-40.png

Screenshot_2017-09-22-17-31-26.png

Edited by Trey1897

Well,you have removed the surface rust and have laid a coat of primer on it,so AFAIAC,you are making good progress.

It had the camaro rear end in the car already when we bought it about 6 years ago, its a tight fit but looking underneath looks pretty simple he welded front leaf spring brackets straight to the frame, rear spring brackets are drilled and bolted through the frame, they added air shocks at an angle, im going to replace them soon because one side has started leaking and the left rear tire rubs the fender well when flat, 

1 hour ago, dodgeguy said:

Hi, how hard was it to graft on Camaro sub frame?

If you want to give this a try,I have a P-15 chassis someone already cut off in front of the firewall that you can have for free if you want to come get it. The guy clearly didn't know what he was doing,and seems to have cut the chassis off and then tried to weld a front clip from an Impala stationwagon to it. The extra foot or so of wheelbase didn't work well,so I bought it for parts,cut the tacked on Impala front clip off,and sold it for scrap.

I had sorta been thinking about keeping it,welding a trailer tongue on it,and turning it into a P-15 tag along sleeper-trailer to pull behind my coupe. Too old and too many unfinished projects. Anybody that wants it,just come and get it.

I will be selling the body parts like the doors and the roof,though.