Please tell me why my headlight appears to be upside down

Mortimer452

Both headlights work on low beams, but the passenger side high beam was dead, so I ordered a replacement from Bernbaum's

New light works, but I think it's upside down?  I adjusted it left/right/up down to match the driver side, looks great on low, but when I kick the highs on, the beam lowers instead of going higher?  I end up with the driver side on high and passenger side shining in the dirt in front of the car.  Tried just flipping the bulb 180 degrees but it's keyed on the back side and won't fit in the housing upside down. 

Try moving the drivers side bulb to the passenger side for a test. Someone may replaced the plug at the back of the bulb and connected it backwards. You said that you adjusted the light, you may have aimed the bulb down, making the high beam element focus like a low beam. When simply replacing a bulb you should not have to re-aim it.

Edited by busycoupe
  • Like 2