Floor to Column Shifter conversion

JPP

Hi All,  I currently have a B2B with a three speed on the floor and am looking to swap a column shifter out of a '51 B3B.  Any watch outs looks straight forward.  I plan to remove the top plate from the B2B with the forks and simply place it in the B3B.  I then will do the same with the column shifter top plate then work out all the linkage, am I missing something?  By the looks of the pictures I have seen , I can keep my floor ebrake in place as the column top plate have mount positions for floor lever.  Thanks in advancefor your support.

You may need to use the complete transmission from the donor column shift truck. I don't have personal experience, but I've heard that the top covers don't swap over as one might expect. If they do I'd be interested to know that. This is a question that comes up from time to time here, but I've never seen anyone successfully change out a top cover to switch from column shift to floor shift, or vice verse.

They DO NOT switch out the shifting forks are different. I went the opposite way with my '52 changing to a floor shift 3 speed. My issue with the column shift is the spline at the bottom of the the column is very fine and strips out easily. Makes a somewhat delicate connection. I drive mine a lot and didn't want to fight  to find a gear. Whichever way you jump good luck.

52 Work Truck,  not sure what you mean, I plan to swap top plate and forks as a unit. Does this not just swap?  I can't imagine they made 2 different transmissions, the print is identical with exception of top plate and linkage, is drawing wrong?