Ty-Rods Hot Rod Reunion

RNR1957NYer

The show season is beginning to wind down here in New England, and one of my favorites is the show put on by the Ty-Rods, a hot rod club that got it's start in 1952. Being a hot rod based club, most attendees are modified cars, many in the traditional manner, but there are also stock restored cars as well.  The '68 Power Wagon Brush truck, T&C convert and '55 Dodge were gorgeous stockers.  There were several finely finished hot rodded early MoPars present, but pictured here are those that escaped the dreaded "belly button" motor swap: the Green P15 has a LA 318, the '40 Plymouth a 440 six pack under it's flip nose, and the '32 Dodge coupe a early Hemi.  Rat rods were represented by an unusual '60 Savoy 2 door post sedan with a built up slant six!  I like to bring my '57 New Yorker to show the rodders a 392 in it's nature habitat!

Drag files here to attach, or choose files... 
Max total size 3MB

PW.JPG

T&C.JPG

55 Dodge.JPG

P15.JPG

440 Ply.JPG

hemi Ply.JPG

Savoy.JPG

NYer.JPG

• Like 2

The fenderless Dodge coupe with the hemi is a 33-34,and I suspect it is a Plymouth. That sure looks like a 33 grille to me.

Edited by knuckleharley

This event takes place four an a half miles from my house.  The president of the ty-rods club is a personal friend of mine. I've been attending for the past four or five years with my P 15 sedan, and this year I registered my P 15 convertible.  I had intended to be there, but an impending business trip down under, and many things left to do around the house prevented that..

Edited by Mark D
  • Sad 2

I was there Sunday morning.  I drove my coupe, but had not pre-registered.  After looking around, I decided that as my coupe is stock it was not my kind of show, so I parked the coupe and went in as a spectator.  There were hundreds of beautifully done hot rods.  I saw cars from all over New England as well as New York, Virginia, Ontario, Ohio, etc.  I saw all of the cars in Rick's pictures and more.  There was also this 47 Plymouth.  The entry tag said that the owner was from Tyngsboro, MA.  Is he on this forum?

100_4317.JPG

100_4318.JPG

Went last year with M Duggan or was that two years ago?  Our cars fit in pretty well, no reason to hold yours out on style or mechanical choices.

Now that you are back in the northeast, we need to pick a show in western mass or eastern ,NY to go to next year or a Hemmings thing or at thr museum in Sartoga Springs maybe even twist your arm to get you to trek to Chattanooga, next fall.

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2017 at 8:06 AM, busycoupe said:

I was there Sunday morning.  I drove my coupe, but had not pre-registered.  After looking around, I decided that as my coupe is stock it was not my kind of show, so I parked the coupe and went in as a spectator.  There were hundreds of beautifully done hot rods.  I saw cars from all over New England as well as New York, Virginia, Ontario, Ohio, etc.  I saw all of the cars in Rick's pictures and more.  There was also this 47 Plymouth.  The entry tag said that the owner was from Tyngsboro, MA.  Is he on this forum?

100_4317.JPG

100_4318.JPG

Met him last year when I attended. He did know about the forum.

Chris, as Dave mentioned in his first post above, this is one of the few shows I attend where you must preregister.  They are a bit selective as to the types of cars being shown (to the point of requiring you to obtain permission to drive a car to the show other than the preregistered car).  That said, on line registration is easy, they take PayPal, and the time my registered car wouldn't make it out of the garage, i dropped them an email telling them what I was bringing instead, and got an immediate OK.  I've been attending for at least twelve years - it's a good show put on by good people, and I hope to see some forum members out there next year (Dave and Mark - I'm disappointed that we didn't finally meet up this year.).

Rick