Scrap Art

linus6948

It started with a discarded helium tank that was up at my gun club waiting to be shot full of holes. I took it and turned it in a piece of "yard art" a pig and from there  I made few more from old 20lb propane tanks and old freon tanks. Then came other things made from RR spikes and horseshoes and other assorted pieces of scrap metal. The wife likes it as it keeps me out of her hair and she actually likes the stuff I`ve been creating.

anchor.jpg

babypig.jpg

bigred.jpg

bluepig.jpg

horseshoe.jpg

horseshoeheart.jpg

Miapig.jpg

redcrossluck.jpg

goldanchor.jpg

GoldCrosses.jpg

pigs.jpg

pinkpig.jpg

redcross.jpg

tikimask1.jpg

tikimask2.jpg

tikipaint.jpg

goldtwistcross.jpg

reddrag.jpg

greendrag.jpg

Edited by linus6948
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I recently bought a motorcycle from a guy that did the same kinda thing. When on the phone and giving me directions he said, "just over the top of the hill, house on the right with the giant scorpion in the yard, can't miss it".  He had made a scorpion out of scrap metal, it was prob 10feet long.  He did a great job on it, sorry no pic.  He had other items but I was really there for the bike and focused on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When my knee allows me to return to my shop, another ten days I would guess, I am going to sort out parts that I have no future use fo and sell all,  parts that have no saleable value will be welded into creative whatever and peddled at some swap meet til gone. I may not make much of a return on my work, but it will be fun. People like whimsy so why not. I will visit Pinterest for ideas to duplicate. Repurposing is a lot of fun, no rules, just go for it.

IMG_6553.JPG

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 2