Miller MT19 Brake gage on Ebay

desoto1939

Currently there isa Miller MT 19 Brake gage tool on ebay.  The seller has noted the various sleeves in the kit but is missing the number 41 sleeve that is used for the rear axle and this will not permit the buyer to do a complete brake shoe alignment.

Some of the foum members have contacte me about this tool and I have informed them of the issue.  i also informed the seller of the missing sleeve and he has not updated the information. So before you bid on the tool contact me an I can tell if the tool will work on your ca or truck.  The sleeves fir over the spindle and axle and there are different sleeves for front and rear.

Buyer beware.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com 

• Like 1

Not all the MT-19 kits included the #41 bushing either.

One of my kits has one the other does not.

But the 41 sleeve is used on the cars from 38 and up so if you are spending 600 dollars and expect to do your rear brakes then you can only do half the job.  The sleeves do not come up on ebay so that is another issue.

rich Hartung

That is true I had one made by a friend of mine but first you need the 41 sleeve to duplicate.  I do not know of anyone that is going to give up one to a stranger to have one made and theirs returned.

You do not see these sleeves on ebay or even at swap meets.

Rich Hartung

29 minutes ago, desoto1939 said:

That is true I had one made by a friend of mine but first you need the 41 sleeve to duplicate.  I do not know of anyone that is going to give up one to a stranger to have one made and theirs returned.

You do not see these sleeves on ebay or even at swap meets.

Rich Hartung

Don't need the sleeve to have one made. Just a drawing with measurements. Or a 3-D copying machine.

• Like 1

I recently purchased an Ammco 1750 tool off of a member of this site for a fair price  

Thanks again.

It did not have the additional parts to work on Fords, didn't matter.

But, he did include detailed drawings with dimensions of the missing pieces.

I was able to get 1 of our machinists at work to make the missing components.

I do not need them, but I like to have things complete.

After I am gone, the next guy may need them.

Thanks again to Dave.

Neil

Edited by 1950 Special Deluxe
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Don Coatney said:

Don't need the sleeve to have one made. Just a drawing with measurements. Or a 3-D copying machine.

Don; What I am saying is that if someone purchases this incomplete unit for the $600 and then they find out that they can not do the rear brakes I would be real mad to find out that the MT19 kit was not complete and then I would have to spend more money with a machinest to make the missing sleeve.  I know the sleeve can be made but figure the material and time and add that to your initial puchase of the base tool.  I told the seller that he was missing the 41 sleeve and this was for the 38 and up cars but he does not have the respect to even post the information to anyone on Ebay so buyer beware.  I just wantes to let anyone that was considering puchasing the tool that they might not have the complete set for there truck or car.  Just trying to help a forum members.

Rich Hartunge

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 1950 Special Deluxe said:

I recently purchased an Ammco 1750 tool off of a member of this site.

Thanks again.

I do not need them, but I like yo have things complete.

Thanks again to Dave.

Neil

can he do more?

that is quite the hefty price for an item that is not capable of doing all four corners....the fact that he has been informed and fails to make the statement that a key part is missing instead of just saying may or may not work for your vehicle...cheesy....GIVEN...he did acknowledge the receipt of that information....so yes...a word to the wise is more than warranted for our forum family.

21 hours ago, 1950 Special Deluxe said:

I recently purchased an Ammco 1750 tool off of a member of this site for a fair price  

Thanks again.

I do not need them, but I like to have things complete.

Thanks again to Dave.

Neil

Here is a picture of the sketch supplied by busycoupe with the 1750 tool he sold me.

Also in the picture are the the parts produced by a machinist at my work.

I don't need the Ford parts but the next owner (after I'm gone) might.

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On September 8, 2017 at 7:38 PM, Young Ed said:

can he do more?

I am back to work and talked to our machinist and he is not able to commit to making more at this time.

If that changes in the future, I will revisit it then.

Neil

• Like 2