Interior supply source

FESTER60

Moving along bit by bit on the Coronet. I will be looking for a source for a headliner kit and waterproof materiel for the door panels. I plan on making my own panels unless someone has a better idea. Anyway, looking for recommendations for a vendor. Maybe as important, who to NOT use. Thanks!

Years ago, someone on this site gave me 3 different companies that carry material for our older Mopars. The one I used is SMS Fabrics in Ogden ,UT...............they have a website or you can google their name. They had a headliner for my 50 Ply wagon and even made it custom in the same vinyl I used in the interior.

I agree completely with 'Chop. They did a gorgeous job on my '65 Plymouth A-990 Super Stock. The factory lightweight cars had their own unique door and quarter panel cards, and they were dead nuts on!

Incidentally though, they're located in Canby OR.     

SMS is in Canby Oregon and can be difficult to deal with.

For door panel board,  I went to a plastic supply co. and bought expanded "pvc "sheets.Its foam like in the center and smooth on the outside. It doesn't compress or dent if you squeeze it like foam core board does. It comes in different thicknesses and colors ,very light ,easy to cut, you can use a knife, very water proof and supper strong. I can also be heated and curved and will hold the new shape. I comes in 4'x8 sheets and smaller sizes. I taped two together an cut both sided at the same time. I used the 1/8 ". Some sign making supply co. will also carry this product. Its so strong you can pull on it to get it off the door without it tearing. It's much better than the paper originals.

my bad........now that 49D said Canby ,Or.........now I remember!!......knew it was in the NW part of the country but just was off a state or two.

As far as dealing with them, I had no problems at all. I guess you will find that with most any company that deals with the public.

Thanks for the replies. As far as the headliner, the car is not a restoration so I don't need original looking or custom. Just something out of the box. Probably going with a graphite color. Thanks bobostski for the lead on the door panels. That will take some scrounging on my part as I live in a very rural area. No big towns nearby.