Knee day

pflaming

At 12:30 today the surgeon will remove my left knee and replace it. So if you light candles,  or pray, or open a can or bottle of spirits for such occasions, I would appreciate a tad of help. 

Paul

Best of luck to you.  My uncle had his hip replaced a few years ago, my stepmom just had her knee done, and a colleague had his shoulder replaced a few months ago.  Meaning joint replacement, although nothing to sneeze at, is getting to be common practice, so the Sawbones have it down.  I'll still use the occasion to have a touch of the Glenmorangie I have stashed away in honor of a speedy recovery, if you don't mind... 

I, too, will select option 3.  Today is the easy day.  Tomorrow it gets a little tougher.  When the PT person gets  to you in the a.m. you will need to get up and walk.  It's easier than you think.

Edited by lonejacklarry

10 hours ago, Young Ed said:

I know a few people that have had it and they all say the same thing. Follow the doctors directions 100%!

TOTALLY agree,what ever exercise the therapist give you. Do it exactly!!!!!!! 

13 hours ago, pflaming said:

At 12:30 today the surgeon will remove my left knee and replace it. So if you light candles,  or pray, or open a can or bottle of spirits for such occasions, I would appreciate a tad of help. 

Paul

Paul all good wishes for you- :)

I have done the prayer , spirits and will look for a candle to light when I get into the house!  ;)

All the best,

DJ

After all the therapy and you are up and running you will wonder why you waited so long as I did. This was the best thing I ever did. I have to take a different approach to things I do know but the pain I endured is completely gone. Isn't modern medicine GREAT. You will be happy you finally did this. Buy the way I had both of mine done at once. 

DSCN0087.JPG

10 hours ago, bones44 said:

After all the therapy and you are up and running you will wonder why you waited so long as I did. This was the best thing I ever did. I have to take a different approach to things I do know but the pain I endured is completely gone. Isn't modern medicine GREAT. You will be happy you finally did this. Buy the way I had both of mine done at once. 

DSCN0087.JPG

One time for.both?  What were you doing trying goth ro determine who was the best?

On 9/6/2017 at 4:53 AM, 48Dodger said:

You'll love it...no more stabbing pins in the knee!

I tipped a pint for ya today...hope it helped!

48D

TKS guys,,i am utterly amazed at the the mobility already have this morning. With the waiter,I can RR mmy new cf a thiirtufoothall way.  

Edited by pflaming

@pflaming Glad you're doing so well!! My GP and an Ortho surgeon said I need my right one replaced but I've been too chicken to go through with it. Plus I'm sure I won't be able to kick start a motorcycle afterwards. All you guys' experience makes me not dread the inevitable so much.