Hemi engine

bergy

Hey to all,

I got the chance to buy a first generation fire power hemi.Its from a 1954 desoto.Also it has a lasalle 3 speed trans. I was alittle side stepped by the fact my 53 is virtually rust free,and I was going for an everyday driver, keeping all stock.I did upgrade the rear to  99 Cherokee.  I'm still torn about the stock engine and trans.,but I think the newer engine would be more of a comfortable ride.Any info is helpful.thanks

Is it a running engine? I mean one that you can hear run or its reported to run? 

The hemi would be a nice upgrade over the L6 and definitely add the cool factor to the car. However, rebuilding them is very expensive and some of the parts can be hard to find. I have been rebuilding a Dodge hemi since April and have pulled out alot of hair and emptied a wallet. With that being said, a running engine that you can hear run and see the oil pressure, I would jump at!