2 Speed rear axle question

Batterzazu

Finally got my truck on the road. I have a few issues as expected. The main issue I need to resolve first is my two speed rear end. I seem to have a vacuum problem where the rear axle engages and disengages on its own mainly at highway speeds (50 MPH). I have checked for vacuum leaks and everything seems fine. Could my motor be too tired to produce enough vacuum? 

1953 B-3HHA152

Get a vacuum gage, connect it to the diaphragm  with a long hose, observe when the shift occurs, I'm just saying,  never got either of my two speeds working "YET" been comfortable with what ever gear they are stuck in (default ?).  Charlie Stephenson

• Like 1

Are you sure all the factory lines, check valve, firewall control valve , cable adjustments are there and working correct? You have the shop manual too I'm sure so you can properly diagnose it?

Could be an internal issue... I've never had an issue with that Eaton 1350 series axle ever.

You could pull and wire the diff shift lever in the high position and drive it and see if it stays in high while road testing it. If it stays in high you know you have a vacuum control issue.

• Confused 1

These vacuum shift rear axles..... both medium duty Eaton and the heavy duty Timken rear axles shift fast and flawless.

Charlie's reply is a good one to follow too.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

If you have any 20" X 7.5" wide ball and socket wheels ?  I need two, single split ring wheels. Charlie Stephenson 5152767877

"O" by the way they need to have 6 hand holes. Charlie Stephenson.  Any one have a B 3 A 130 Drive shaft.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 130" wheel Base dump truck with Blood u-joints, any one have any advice as to how I post my needs

Charlie Stephenson

What are BLOOD U-joints? What kinda posting needs?

New drive shaft is in and the truck is on the road again! 2 speed still drops out occasionally. I have order a check valve to put in line at the manifold and we will see if that helps. Truck is a blast to drive!! 

Factory bulletin diagnosis instructions....

Eaton 1350 Vacuun Diagnosis.jpg

Edited by Dodgeb4ya