Mater Engine Rebuild Kit

Branded

Who's the best vendor to purchase a master rebuild kit from. Haven't called any local parts houses yet, just curious where others have sourced their kits.

Thanks Dave

1 hour ago, Don Coatney said:

How can you possibly know what to buy before the machine work is done? Gasket sets you can pre purchase but I have found it best to allow the machine shop to order all hard parts. By doing so liability is on there shoulders.

Well , I'm not buying before the machine work is done, never mentioned I was buying before machine work is done. Reread my original post. I'm farming my machine work out but will be building the  engine myself 

Edited by Branded

54 minutes ago, Don Coatney said:

Sorry, I did not know there was more than one thread on this topic. Perhaps a moderator can combine the threads so all the information is in one location.

This is the only thread I have started regarding master rebuild kit vendors. I  don't see another recent thread on the subject of rebuild kits to combine my thread to.

1 hour ago, Branded said:

Well , I'm not buying before the machine work is done, never mentioned I was buying before machine work is done. Reread my original post. I'm farming my machine work out but will be building the  engine myself 

5 minutes ago, Branded said:

This is the only thread I have started regarding master rebuild kit vendors. I  don't see another recent thread on the subject of rebuild kits to combine my thread to.

Once again sorry. When you said reread my original post I did so but did not see anything about machine work or assembly. That must be on a different thread. Good luck with your project.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Don Coatney said:

Once again sorry. When you said reread my original post I did so but did not see anything about machine work or assembly. That must be on a different thread. Good luck with your project.

Don

Didnt mean to come off harsh, I enjoy reading your threads, I have done a lot of searches on the rebuilding of these flatheads and I have found you have a lot of knowledge of these engine. Thanks for posting what you have learned over the years, helps us fellas out new to these old Mopars.ive been building cars for 40 years but only started playing with these old flatheads the past couple years.

thanks gain Don

Edited by Branded